cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcwjoinery
Former Member
Message 1 of 13

Time to review my site?

I have requested my site to be tested. It's 7 months old and I requested months ago and forgot about it. Just checked in last week and seen it's still not tested. Can someone test this for me please so future customers know it's safe. How long should this process take?

The site is www.MCWjoinery.com

Thanks Mike

12 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Re: Time to review my site?

Not sure what happened here as far as why your site has not been reviewed yet. I will give you the link that shows

Hopefully they will resolve this for you soon

seven-vee
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

mcwjoinery,

At least you didn't have your site scanned and find that McAfee is the only place on the internet to "blacklist" your site.

I have requested a review of my site to get this ridiculous BIG RED X removed, and they sure take their sweet time.. In the meantime, people think you are doing something wrong..

I guess if I paid them the money they want for their "icon" on my site, things would change, but I will not be intimidated into paying their fees.

I do nothing to harm anyone and I scan my site regularly to insure there is nothing that will be unsafe for my viewers.

I find the practices of this site to be questionable at best with their reviews and not allowing site owners to rebut what they are saying..

I will, however alert my viewers about the practice and will make sure my site stays as risk free as possible. McAfee isn't the only game in town, and I will address this head on.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 13

seven what is your site? The link Tom gave the OP has a link to Trusted source maybe they erroneously classified your site and mcafee uses their valuations. Check with them as well.

seven-vee
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

My site is e7v.com

I have even checked with Norton Safeweb, Online Link Scan, AVG Online Web Page Scanner, Google's Safe Browsing Diagnostic tool, and a few more.

I even used the Trusted Source search on the McAfee site.. You can check it yourself, it says "minimal risk".

http://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/domain/default.aspx?domain=e7v.com

Yet, the McAfee SiteAdvisor shows my site blacklisted based on an unknow reason.

That is the only negative my site has, and I resent the fact that McAfee isn't more proactive in maintaining the list of websites that McAfee advises a good number of people about.

McAfee is depended on by real people who make real life decisions about real companies and once they see such a bogus and unjustified assertion by McAfee, they may never do business with such a site.

I cannot stress enough just how angry that makes me.

If McAfee isn't going to be proactive in double checking on sites, then McAfee needs to stop reporting on them. Plain and simple.

McAfee is damaging the reputations of websites that have done nothing to warrant such a damaging rating.

I have tried contacting via that site contact, and all I get is automated responses.. I don't care how long they say it takes, I happen to know it does not take that long to respond or to make a scan of a site and change the rating..

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 13

I will ping the SA team myself

seven-vee
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Thanks, I just received a message from them.

And I followed their link and on the siteadvisor site, there is a pretty green circle with a big white check in it with the "We tested this site and didn't find any significant problems."

I just want to thank you "Peacekeeper".

They should be doing that on a regular basis.

If they don't have the capability, then they should stop reporting until they do.

The web changes minute by minute.

The web is full of real people, and damaging information which nobody else is reporting as damaging, should not be reported by a company such as McAffee.

I appreciate a lot, you pinging them.

I see you earn your name.

Kind Regards,

Karen

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 13

mcwjoinery

Did they do your site as well if not will recontact them. My fault not warning them there were 2 posters on this thread.

mcwjoinery
Former Member
Message 9 of 13

Yes mine is all sorted now. I contacted them through the links you provided.

Thanks for your time and good luck seven.

Earl you can't string a sentance together why would I give you the work ;+)

I have friends who have offered. I am happy the way it is at the moment thank you.

seven-vee
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

mcwjoinery,

That appeared to be a spammer. I don't know if they were talking to you or all of us..

I'm still putting my site together.. But also don't need any help. If I do, I will ask for it.. lol

Thanks for the well wishes, and I hope for the same for you.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community