cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
limmoughd
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

This is ridiculous! No Connection through ethernet cable and wireless router because of McAfee

Other computers not with Mcafee are working perfectly...I currently have Mcafee Secure and i cannot connect to my internet, whether it be with the Ethernet or wireless router. It does not allow me to do anything.

My computer detects wireless connections and I tried connecting using Windows Wireless icon on the bottom right, it tries to connect then it stops

Diagnosis connection problem on Explorer says that there might be a problem with modem and router - ( but 100% there is no problem ) & THe wireless network KEY does not match of that in the router,

I am using another computer now, thanks for your help

Message was edited by: limmoughd on 1/18/12 3:28:56 AM CST

Message was edited by: limmoughd on 1/18/12 3:36:51 AM CST
1 Reply
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 2

Re: This is ridiculous! No Connection through ethernet cable and wireless router because of McAfee

I assume you have Mcafee is so what versions?

Try running this program it will reset IE  and some other things

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community