cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hake
Former Member
Message 1 of 1

The vital importance of behaviour of software to the user

It is vital that the authors of Site Advisor do not make the behaviour of this valuable product objectionable. The more people who have this aid to safe surfing the better. The behaviour of version 6261 is very good.

Version 2.8.255 of Site Advisor is sufficiently ill-behaved that it might be an incentive to some not to use it at all. I found it to be so and was driven to examine alternatives. None were as good as Site Advisor which is commendably simple and I hope that future versions will continue to behave as well as, if not better than, version 6261.

It never ceases to amaze me how developers can produce a new all-singing-all-dancing version of great software and ruin it through having lost sight of the qualities that made the product great. Opera 9.5 is a case in point. Site Advisor 2.8 might be another.

sad
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community