Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uli
Former Member
Message 11 of 13

Re: Suddenly SiteAdvisor alerts in my AOL webmail

Hi Davoud,

The white type on a black background alert only showed on the advertising ribbon on top, that may be the iframe? But I still could see the very bottom of the ads, your alert was narrower than the ribbon on top itself. And otherwise AOL was fine, Inbox and everything else were fine. Except for trying to open attachments. But if I ignored attachments AOL worked just as it always has.

Thanks Davoud!   Uli

Uli
Former Member
Message 12 of 13

Davoud,

it looked like in SiteAdvisor gone wild?, another discussion. There are screen shots. The alerts I had looked just as the ones on these screen shots. They spanned the whole top AOL ribbon from left to right, not just the advertising alone. If it ever happens again I will send you a screen shot right away!   Uli

Message was edited by: Uli on 1/26/12 7:20:17 PM GMT-08:00
mvissche
Contributor III
Message 13 of 13

Hi Folks, I can probably add some clarification here.

This may be a symptom of the iFrame blocking support we rolled out with SA 3.4 in the fall of 2011 (which is the version you're on currently). 

iFrames or sub-frames on any page are analyzed against the Trusted Source back end, and we take appropriate precautions to intervene when necessary.  After alot of analysis, we concluded in late 2011 that our blocking funcitonality is too aggressive and is leading to an unacceptable level of false-positives.  We revised this functionality for SA 3.4.1.  

We are in the process of rolling out SiteAdvisor 3.4.1 over the next several weeks, and your SiteAdvisor will silently update to this version.  This may resolve the issue you are seeing.  Otherwise, if you'd like to try SA 3.4.1 now, please visit SiteAdvisor.com and install the latest version.

I hope this helps clarify some of the user experiences here - and thanks for using SiteAdvisor!

Mark

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community