Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaymfe
Former Member
Message 31 of 38

Re: Suddenly McAfee is yellow...?

Jump to solution

ConorD62,

Please let us know the output as I am also facing the issue with Site Advisor on myGoogle Chrome.

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/32954?start=0&tstart=0

ConorD62
Former Member
Message 32 of 38

Jump to solution

I don't think we have the same problem.

SiteAdvisor won't work on my Google Chrome, it won't install.

Apparently my Firefox version of SiteAdvisor is telling me I have SiteAdvisor Live.

How to get it on my Google Chrome... I don't know.

MORE INFO:

SiteAdvisor Plus! is what it says on my Total Protection web part.

When I go to Firefox and go to options, it says SiteAdvisor is part of my live package..

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 33 of 38

Jump to solution

My Chrome one just says 'SiteAdvisor for Chrome', that's all, no live or plus etc.

Version 1.0.2

I have Live or Plus in both my other browsers.

So maybe there is only one kind for Chrome.

That's where Tech Support might know something I don't.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 21/03/11 7:51:50 EDT PM
jaymfe
Former Member
Message 34 of 38

Jump to solution

Conor,

Site Advisor Plus is now Site Advisor Live!

In my case, SA is integrated with Chrome and it shows the colored alerts while visiting the websites however it fails to rate the links in search results. Also I am unable to select SA options from Chrome. Images attached.

chrome12.jpg

chrome34.jpg

chrome56.jpg

chrome78.jpg

ConorD62
Former Member
Message 35 of 38

Jump to solution

Day 8: Still without SiteAdvisor for Chrome,

The link Hayton gave me gives me a weird SiteAdvisor, not proper ticks and all that.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 36 of 38

Jump to solution

How weird is weird? I know that SA for Chrome is a fairly new innovation, but it loaded fine on my system. What it doesn't do is give ratings for Google search results.

Go to the spanner in Chrome, click on it, and select Tools, and then Extensions. It will show you any that you've got.  If you haven't got SA click on Get More Extensions, and enter SiteAdvisor into the Search Box. You'll get a selection of 4 extensions, including SA (don't ask me why the others are there, but Chrome Flags is a useful one). Click on the SA icon on the left and you'll come to the page I intended to link you to, offering Version 1.02 of SA. That's it, as far as I can see, the only one on offer. How different is it from the one you had before?

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 37 of 38

Jump to solution

Your problems seem to have started on March 16th. That was the date when SA in Chrome was updated to Version 1.02 - coincidence? Perhaps not.

I don't know if you're still on Chrome 10.0.648.133, but I think the latest build is now up to 10.0.648.151 - try updating Chrome and see if that makes a difference.

ConorD62
Former Member
Message 38 of 38

Jump to solution

Chrome is updated, if you look in the OP, the Chrome Ex_Brit has in his main post, is the one I used to have, but the one you linked me too is very weird, and gives ticks that don't look properly..

Day 9: I think there is a malware website on the other side of the bunker, I might have to confront it, or shun it away.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community