cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manassas_mike
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Spyware.IEMonster - Why has Total Protection 2012 not provided protection?

Dear McAfee,

My computer has been hit with the Spware.IEMonster virus/malware or whatever it is.   Evidently my Total Protection 2012  (TP2012) did not provide protection from this virus which was first identified in January 2008.

This is the second problem with TP2012 with failure to provide protection with old viruses/malware.  The first incident cost me $200 to remove the virus. 

have been using McAfee on my home PCs for years and have been satisfied.  However, this may be the last year I will use any McAfee products.

Would you mind telling me what I need to do to remove this virus?  Please don't tell me to spend $90 on your on-line virus removal service.  I spent enough on your software which should have protected me from this 4 year old problem.

Thank you.

1 Reply
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Spyware.IEMonster - Why has Total Protection 2012 not provided protection?

I have found in my experience throughout the years that regardless of the choice of software companies that no one will guarantee 100 percent that any type of virus or malware still would not compromise a computer or laptop. This is probably another rogue program that has been programmed differently to look innocent enough to pass through without being detected.

My suggestion is to follow the steps outlined in these links and to let us know  if further assistance may be required.

Good Luck

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community