cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgreagan74
Former Member
Message 1 of 15

Specific webpage blocked after downloading McAfee

Earlier this year I downloaded and installed McAfee through ATT. Following that install, I noticed that one of the pages used in our business will not load due to the "connection" being lost each time. We use Webervations.com software for our bed and breakfast booking. The page on their website where I make changes to our custom messages will not allow me to make changes. Each time the page pops up that I am not online. All other pages of the website work flawlessly. The Webervations tech and I have spent hours trying to locate the glitch to no avail. I noticed today on Chrome that there is a yellow triangle over the lock icon in the address line, just before the https:// . This is a product of SiteAdvisor, correct? The Webervations tech and I came to the conclusion that McAfee must be blocking the page from connecting. The tech was connected remotely with me for a couple hours today, trying to help me figure out why I can't connect on that page. After I sign on, Webervations.com is a secure site. Let me know if you need more information about them. The page that is affected will not show up on your end because of the https status of the page, otherwise I'd copy it here. Thanks

14 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 15

Re: Specific webpage blocked after downloading McAfee

I moved this to SiteAdvisor and hopefully someone with knowledge will be along soon.

Peter

jgreagan74
Former Member
Message 3 of 15

See the info that pops up in the window when I try to load the page, below...

We addressed each of these items and it still will not let me on load the page. As I mentioned above, this is the only page on their whole website that does this. Obviously, it is not related to being offline. Somehow security is booting it offline each time.

This webpage is not available
The connection to updates.webervations.com was interrupted.

Reload this webpage

Press the reload button to resubmit the data needed to load the page.

Check your Internet connection

Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.

Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.

If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.

If you use a proxy server...

Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN".

Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 15

Well I just accessed it OK in Firefox & Chrome and here's the SiteAdvisor report page, Green flagged, no issues reported.

https://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/https://updates.webervations.com/magic-scripts/input/avsignon.asp?...

jgreagan74
Former Member
Message 5 of 15

The sign on page and all others are fine, It is the following page that will not load: https://updates.webervations.com/magic-scripts/input/configoptions2.asp?ztracker=12. This is the page where I can change custom messages, credit cards we accept, check in times, policies, etc. I won't let me save anything. I doubt you can access the page, because it requires a password. I appreciate your attempt to help.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 15

As Ex_Brit stated...I accessed it also. Even was able to connect to the link you inserted/Sign -in Page.

https://updates.webervations.com/magic-scripts/input/avsignon.asp  Site Advisor gave it a (Green) Rating.  Running Internet Explorer 11.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jgreagan74
Former Member
Message 7 of 15

and @Ex_Brit The page you are accessing is only the sign on page. I get there just fine and sign in to Webervations. Once I am signed in and go to the Config/Custom Messages page, I make changes and then click "Save" and it will not load that page. It pops up the page I copied above. The sign on page is available to anyone. The Config and other pages within Webervations are not.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 15

Ahhhhhhhh, I see what you are saying now. Hopefully someone will pick this thread up and offer more in-depth assistance.

All the best,

Regards

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 15

Meanwhile a screenshot of it might help as I feel this isn't a SiteAdvisor issue but more likely a browser and/or add-ons one.   A good SiteAdvisor rating normally applies to the entire site.

SafeBoot
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 15

yellow triangle over the padlock in chrome sounds more like a certificate problem - did you try clicking on said yellow triangle?

A screen shot is required I think.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community