cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neilmac
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Siteadvisor showing red and no response from McAfee

Siteadvisor is showing my site www.clubmotorhome.co.uk as red - Malicious/Spam URLs etc

This has been brought to my attention as owner and webmaster of the site and it is affecting the reputation and income from the website.

I have tried to contact McAfee via their feedback form and by email with absolutely no response.

All my site files have been carefully checked by me, and my VPS hosting company have done the same and run a full malware scan - all results are 100% clear.

As a responsible webmaster I would like to know exactly what McAfee sees to warrant their rating. I would also like to know why they don't seem to be bothered to reply to their own procedures for contact.

2 Replies
SafeBoot
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: Siteadvisor showing red and no response from McAfee

Can you give some more details on who you reported this to?

Did you create an account on trustedsource.org and submit a request?

I just checked, and your site seems to be green.. Can you upload a screenshot of the problem?

http://trustedsource.org/en/feedback/url

neilmac
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Siteadvisor showing red and no response from McAfee

I managed to get Trustedsource to review this yesterday afternoon and it is now indeed green.

It should never have been red in the first place!

I am appalled by the way that McAfee can influence a website's reputation and income in such a way. And, the onus is on the webmaster/site owner to get them to put it right at some great length.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community