cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liz81
Contributor II
Message 1 of 10

Siteadvisor rating icons not showing up in search results

The siteadvisor rating icons are not showing up by any of the search results on Google for me on either IE11 or Firefox 32.0.1.  So I don't know which websites I choose are safe or not.  Any advice?  I've already tried restarting my browsers and computer.  Thanks.

9 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 10

Re: Siteadvisor rating icons not showing up in search results

Could be a slow server, I just checked here and they were OK but noticed they took a few seconds to load.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 10

Moved this to SiteAdvisor as a better spot.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 10

Working OK for me also in Internet Explorer 11.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
liz81
Contributor II
Message 5 of 10

Still not working for me in either browser.  The Mcafee button by the secure search is also grayed out.  I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 10

It could be as Ex_brit stated, a slow or intermittent Server issue. Dependent upon your Geographic location. It was my understanding that the (Greyed-Out) issue was resolved in the 3.7.1.139 Version/Build.  Sorry I can add no more..

With no comfort to you, I just ran a Site Report and all functioned Fine. I am located in the South Eastern United States.

Regards,

CatDaddy

Edited: By CatDaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
liz81
Contributor II
Message 7 of 10

Ok it's working now but only on IE11, not FF.  Maybe it's because I set IE11 as my default browser?  Anyway, I reinstalled Siteadvisor and that did the trick, at least for IE11.  I suppose maybe if I installed it for FF, it'll help.  I'm guessing but maybe it wasn't working before because I restored my system yesterday.  I got this new computer a few days ago and installed Siteadvisor right away on the same day but had to restore my system yesterday because I downloaded flashplayer from the wrong website (stupid me) and had a virus so I restored to be sure everything was cleared.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 10

Ahhhhhh, Okay I see.  Wish you the best.... Of course since you mentioned a "Virus", and you did a System Restore. Please make sure you are still current and up to date with all of your Windows Updates, even Internet Explorer.  McAfee uses it as well as other programs to function properly.

I would run a McAfee Full Scan to assure you are not infected. For a second opinion, You could run Malwarebytes (Free) To keep it free, Do Not accept the Free Trial offer/ or activate. You can locate Malwarebytes (Free) and other Superb Tools in the following Link:

Make sure your McAfee Updates are current as well, before proceeding to scan.

You may find this following article informative/interesting:

All the very best,

Catdaddy

Edited: By CatDaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 10

If SiteAdvisor isn't showing ratings on search results and you're not sure if it's working, the first thing to do is check that the servers are working okay. If they are, it's most likely something on your system or in your browser that's the problem. A useful place for checking if the site is down is this one - Siteadvisor.com - Is McAfee SiteAdvisor Down Right Now?

It's currently showing no down time in the past four days, and response times are normal.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 10

Thanks for that Link again Hayton Added to my Favourites....

I would add also, anyone reading this might find it beneficial to either "Book Mark" or add to your "Favourites" the Link Hayton provided. For future use,if the need arises.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community