cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
platypuss
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Siteadvisor plus problem

Not sure if this is the right place, as there is no dedicated Total Protection forum.

I am experiencing a problem with google and other search engines which appears to be connected to Siteadvisor plus. I am running Firefox and running a google search causes a lockup of my browser.

This can only be cured by killing the process McSACore.exe

How can this be resolved?
3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

RE: Siteadvisor plus problem

Try uninstalling it via Control Panel. If it isn't listed separately click the McAfee Security Center item and select only that for removal.

If that is the only application from McAfee, run the MCPR tool in my signature which will remove all remnants and then after a reboot you could try installing it again.
YoKenny
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

You could un-install Firefox and use IE7 with IE7Pro as it does not have a problem with SiteAdvisor.

I think that Firefox has become SiteAdvisor unfriendly judging by the number of problems people have with Firefox and SiteAdvisor.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

I just updated mine to the latest and SA still works fine. I think often this problem may be caused by other FF add-ons. Try disabling them one by one to see if it helps.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community