We received your message reporting that SiteAdvisor toolbar disappears on IE 7 abruptly. Thank you for contacting us.
We would need some more information before we could help you out. Please answer the following questions:-
1. Could you please specify the version of SiteAdvisor you are using. To find this,
(i) Click on the black arrow mark in the SiteAdvisor toolbar
(ii) A drop-down menu would appear. On this menu, click on the "About" option
(iii) In the 'About' dialog box, just above the 'OK' button, 'Version' would be displayed. (e.g., 22.214.171.12453 - This is the latest version).
2. Please specify the Operating System (OS) you are using. Please mention the service pack as well.
(For e.g., Vista 32 Home Basic SP1 or Windows XP Home SP2). This helps QA to try and reproduce the same and narrow down the problem.
3. Are there any other toolbars installed on IE. For e.g., Google toolbar, Yahoo! toolbar etc. If yes, is this issue seen with those toolbars as well?
4. Please check if the SiteAdvisor Browser Helper Object (BHO) is enabled. To check this, please follow the steps given below:-
(i) Open Internet Explorer
(ii) Click on Tools (or press Alt+T)
(iii) Click on 'Mange Add-ons'. Click on 'Enable or Disable Add-ons...' option.
(iv) In the 'Mange Add-ons' dialog box, check if 'McAfee SiteAdvisor' Type: Toolbar is enabled. Also check if 'SiteAdvisor' Type: Browser Helper Object is enabled.
If any of these options are disabled, please enable the same, close and re-open the browser.
5. Please check if 'SiteAdv.exe' and 'SAService.exe' processes are running. To check this, please follow the steps given below:-
(i) Open Internet Explorer
(ii) Open Windows Task Manager. This can be done by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys or right-click on the Taskbar and click 'Task Manager' option
(iii) In the 'Windows Task Manager' window, click on 'Processes' tab. Check if 'SiteAdv.exe' and 'SAService.exe' are displayed.
6. You could also try restarting SiteAdvisor service.
(i) Click 'Start' and click on 'Run'
(ii) Type 'services.msc' (without quotes on the Run Dialog)
(iii) In the 'Services' window, search for 'SiteAdvisor Service'. Right-click on it and select 'Restart' option.
Now, check open IE and check whether SiteAdvisor toolbar is displayed.
We also suggest you to go through the following links.http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=106808&lc=1033http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=106782&lc=1033
This should help solve the problem.
Once you give us the information requested above, we'll get back to you immediately with a solution if possible. Until then, you can continue to use SiteAdvisor by installing Mozilla Firefox browser and run the setup again or you could also download the SiteAdvisor firefox extension from http://www.siteadvisor.com/download/ff.html
. Thank you for being a McAfee customer.
Associate Software QA Engineer
McAfee SiteAdvisor Consumer QA