cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
front243
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Siteadvisor down?

Hi, just wondering if I am the only one having a grey siteadvisor icon in Firefox? I have seen the sticky that this is due to the servers being down but it has been going on for more than a day now and I start wondering if something is wrong at my end.

I switched to using OpenDNS yesterday and I suspect a bit that there is something going on there.
7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

RE: Siteadvisor down?

They have had occasional server outages which would cause this. You also get a grey icon when the website you are viewing hasn't been reviewed yet.
Make sure that it is enabled under Browser Tools/Add-ons.
front243
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the response. I checked and it was enabled. What is weird is that I visited the addon settings, they seemed fine, and exited the settings. Now everything seems to work again! Not sure what went on.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

Maybe it just needed a little persuasion!:)
grnevy
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

site advisor problems

I been having the same problem with my siteadvisor. Its been down for about 3 to 4 days now . I dont know whats going on. Its not just you, i have IE and im having the same problems you are.
I dont know whats going on here, but someone needs to find out.
front243
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

RE: site advisor problems

Alright after restarting the PC a couple of times, I found out the only way that SiteAdvisor can work is if I open the settings dialog and close it again. Not sure what that means?!
grnevy
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Settings Dialog???? what is that and were do i find it Front 234:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Make sure that you don't have anything competing with it such as browser phishing filters or IE's Content Advisor. (Tools/Internet Options/Content and Tools/Add-Ons)
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community