Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlowel5
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Siteadvisor Security Alert Question

Hello,

I recently came across this message when I was downloading a word document via google drive.  This document came from a trusted source as well.  Security alert!  We found that there might be viruses, spyware, or other potentially unwanted programs in the file you are trying to download.  Then it asks to block download or accept the risk.  Knowing the source and what was in the document in the preview, I went and downloaded it anyways without any issues.  I'm just trying to figure out why I am getting these messages all of a sudden.  These documents do contain links to picture files on the web, I was wondering if maybe embedded urls trip the security system.  Anyways, it was kind of annoying and was trying to get to the source.  Let me know if you need more info. 

-Travis Lowell

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Siteadvisor Security Alert Question

Moved this to WebAdvisor/SAiteAdvisor.

You'll get that from any download source now, it's all part of the added security due to increasing malicious activity online.

Once you've cleared a source as trusted it wont repeat it for that source on future occasions.

tlowel5
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Thanks!

One follow up, how do I clear a source as trusted?

-Travis

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

If you want to clear a website URL from TrustedSource's hit list then you'd have to contact them:

Also see: 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community