Message 11 of 22

Re: SiteAdvisor still grey after being verified a month ago

You missed out an s - it's still grey.

newjack
Former Member
Message 12 of 22

O.k

Well i tried for him anyhow.Thanks Peter.Sorry for the premature greenlight Delta78.If you get a few of your friends,or a few other people to submit them.I would guess  there would seem to be a demand for the site to be tested.Hence i would assume maybe they would get to it sooner then later.I am sure though,with all the sites they test.This is also why you have a delay.

Message was edited by: newjack on 3/7/10 3:39:04 PM EST

Message was edited by: newjack on 3/7/10 3:40:19 PM EST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 22

Thanks for helping.   With the millions of sites out there, it must be quite a job to check them all but I am sure their turn will come, let's hope sooner rather than later.

Delta78
Former Member
Message 14 of 22

ThanksExBrit and newjack for getting back to me. You are allright, but McAfee is the problem. They may a be a large company, but their SiteAdvisor is just not up to the task. If SiteAdvisor is as slow as it is, just imagine what the the McAfee antivirus software is like. I would not want to rely on it.

Perhaps they should get some help from Symantec. Norton tested my sites in less than a week. Can anyone spot the difference between McAfee who have still failed to test my sites and it's now going on for two months and it is still grey,and Norton who tested my sites within less than a week and Norton gave them the green light. Poor McAfee - you surely can do better!!

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 15 of 22

hey Delta78,

I'm going to check into this for you and see if I can't get some information for you as to why there has been such a delay. At the very least, I'm going to see what I can do about getting them tested.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!!

SamSwift
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 16 of 22

Hi,

I've escalated this internally as it should not take this long to have the site rated. When you contacted support@siteadvisor.com did you get a reply with a case number included?

Thanks,

Sam

Delta78
Former Member
Message 17 of 22

Hi Samantha,

The ticket ID was  #KLS-91786-391, Under this ticket number on February 26, 2010, Masthanaiah from Avert Services McAfee SiteAdvisor wrote:  "We have already submitted your sites for testing previously. It takes time for new web safety test results to mature and propagate through our database". For me it's the the time is excessive.

jiru
Former Member
Message 18 of 22

Hi I realize your last post was in February, but I am curious as to how soon after your sites got tested after posting here.  Are your sites finally tested?

I am in the same situation, except I have waited about a year.  I used the same contact form, but was met with a reply stating that Mcafee tests millions of sites and are retesting sites that have already been tested.  Basically telling me that I am not patient enough given the task they have at hand.  AND that I need to wait at least another 8 weeks before asking again to get my case escalated.  I understand that my website is a small one, but I'm pretty sure the gray rating is prevents people from clicking on my site.  A gray rating is just as bad as a red one.  😕

domaintransform
Former Member
Message 19 of 22

Hi Delta78,

My website is www.domaintransformations.com.au.

it is still showing grey and this is months after I "suggested" it for testing, and received a confirmation back that it would be tested. I have to say that I am really not happy McAfee performance here.

Can someone from McAfee PLEASE tell me how to get my site tested.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 20 of 22

Delta78 is another customer and this thread is old so your best bet would have been to start your own new thread but read here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/13733

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community