Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Delta78
Former Member
Message 1 of 22

SiteAdvisor still grey after being verified a month ago

Hi all,

About a month ago I verified my site and am still waiting for the site to be rated (it is still grey). How long is this proces supposed to take?

Thanks.

21 Replies
newjack
Former Member
Message 2 of 22

Re: SiteAdvisor still grey after being verified a month ago

Have you submitted it for testing?If not go to site on internet & submit.Or what is the site name i could submit it from my end,but could`nt tell you how long that process takes.

Delta78
Former Member
Message 3 of 22

Thanks for your reply. I have submitted my websites for testing. In fact I have 5 websites and submitted them all for testing about a month ago. I have heard so many different stories from other people with websites about how long McAfee take to test sites . Some have had their websites tested in a few days by McAfee, and others are still waiting after many months to be tested. It certainly does not sound like a very professional system to me and I wonder if McAfee perhaps are up to the task. Just a point to mention, my sites were all tested by Norton Site Safety within a few days and declared safe sites. It would be good if McAfee were able to match Norton. Perhaps Norton has newer technology than McAfee!  There certainly seems to be a vast difference between the McAfee SiteAdvisor and Norton Site Safety in terms of testing sites.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 22

Moved this to the actual SiteAdvisor discussions.

There are a couple of "Important Discussions" that might help pinned at the top of this section.

McAfee  SiteAdvisor Site Rating Explanation + Appeal Process

How To Contact  SiteAdvisor

Delta78
Former Member
Message 5 of 22

Thank you for your reply. Pardon my ignorance, and I do not mean to be abrupt, but what important discussions are pinned at the top of this rection? Are you perhaps referring to the 2 links you have in your reply below this line. If so, I have already been over the information you have kindly provided, but the information from McAfee did not get me any closer to having my websites tested and it is still grey. I truly hope that others could shed some light their experiences in terms of how long McAfee SiteAdvisor had taken to test their sites.

Thanks

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 22

Capture.JPG

Click above to enlarge.  I also linked it in my post for your convenience.

The How to Contact SiteAdvisor gives an email address and a feedback form you can use.  They will then get back to you directly.

Please don't apologise.  I only moved it here so that any passing McAfee person who deals with it might notice it more readily than where it was previously.

Delta78
Former Member
Message 7 of 22

Hi All,

Would appreciate it if you some people could kindy let me know how long it took your websites to be rated. Was it quick, or are you still waiting? Are you happy with how long McAfee site advisor takes to rate your websites?

I'm still waiting and my business websites are still all grey.

I would love to know what you have experienced.

Thanks.

newjack
Former Member
Message 8 of 22

If you post the site here,i will also submit it.Maybe if a few more people are interested in a test it will expedite the process?It is worth a shot, while you are still waiting.            

Delta78
Former Member
Message 9 of 22

Thanks for your offer of assistance. I do not want to be a burden to anyone, but all 5 of my business sites are all in the same position and are still grey and untested by McAfee SiteAdvisor.

The websites are as follows:

www.homeloandepot.com.au

www.facilitiesmanagementservices.com.au

www.theloandepot.com.au

www.mortgagesbroker.com.au

www.bostonliberty.com.au

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks

newjack
Former Member
Message 10 of 22

O.K.Delta78,

I submitted those for you maybe that will help speed it up.Also www.mortgagebroker.com.au is up and running and green!So you are good to go with that 1 for now.                                                                                 Good luck

Jack

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community