Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sfeinbe
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

SiteAdvisor problems

Jump to solution

I have Firefox version 21 and Internet Explorer 8 running in Windows XP with all updates.  When shutting down Firefox recently, it somehow shut down inappropriately.  When I got it back up, SiteAdvisor was non-functional in Firefox though it still worked in IE and showed-up in the Firefox add-ons list.  I uninstalled it and re-installed SiteAdvisor.  It is again functional in IE, but now Firefox doesn't even show it in the Add-Ons list.  I've Googled disappearing SiteAdvisor icon in Firefox and found lots of people had the problem, but didn't find any answers, hence the uninstall/reinstall.  I'd like to believe it's a simple solution buried somewhere, but I just don't know where else to look.  If anyone has a solution, I'd appreciate it.  I can live without SiteAdvisor, but I'd rather not.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: SiteAdvisor problems

Jump to solution

Moved to SiteAdvisor for better attention.

When you uninstalled it was it simply from the add-on list or from Control Panel > Add or Remove?

Use the latter to uninstall all McAfee.   Run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot.

Re-download & install everything from your online account, or, if you only use the regular free SiteAdvisor and no other products, http://www.siteadvisor.com/

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/06/13 8:48:11 EDT AM

View solution in original post

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Moved to SiteAdvisor for better attention.

When you uninstalled it was it simply from the add-on list or from Control Panel > Add or Remove?

Use the latter to uninstall all McAfee.   Run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot.

Re-download & install everything from your online account, or, if you only use the regular free SiteAdvisor and no other products, http://www.siteadvisor.com/

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/06/13 8:48:11 EDT AM
sfeinbe
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

I uninstalled properly from add/remove.   I only use free SiteAdvisor, downloaded it, installed, and, as I said. it doesn't show up in Firefox.  I'll uninstall it again, try the cleanup tool, re-install, then report my results back here.

sfeinbe
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

To my surprise, the MCPR cleanup tool did the trick!  SiteAdvisor is now functional in both IE and Firefox!  Thank you!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Must have got corrupted somehow and the MCPR tool cleaned it all up.   Glad you're OK now.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community