cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: SiteAdvisor missing in Chrome/Firefox (continued)

(Moved to SiteAdvisor section)

The SiteAdvisor posts in the mcsync thread were a bit jumbled and wouldn't all split off into the new thread. This is a continuation of the first attempt at splitting them - the others are here, also in the SiteAdvisor section.

cosmicrhubarb
Contributor
Message 12 of 19

I have now spent 2x 2 hours 'chatting' to Mcafee about Site Advisor. On both occasions they took control and re-installed MTP. On the second occasion I asked the Supervisor (tier 2) if the latest SA (3.5.0) would be included. (This request is based on another thread regarding mcsync errors).

'Yes and it will work' was the reply.

TP was downloaded and re--installed - SA doesn't work in Firefox ( 14.0) - the Firefox Add-ons , as before, state SA 3.3.1 disabled/blocked.

In the Microsoft TP panel,  'About' shows SA as 3.3.1.133.

In the Firefox web pages they state that SA 3.4.1 and later is ok, but 3.3.1 will be blocked.

So, McAfee have NOT downloaded the latest SA (twice) and Firefox will block SA unless a release later than 3.4.1 is installed.

My reference # with McAfee is 927842687

I might try once more with McAfee tomorrow, if I have another 2 hours to waste, but frankly is there any point?

n.b SA does work in Internet Explorer. I don't use IE!

Message was edited by: cosmicrhubarb on 15/08/12 15:47:57 CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 19

Firefox blocks the scriptscan add-on thereby disabling Siteadvisor.  Simply go into Tools > Add-ons > Extensions and enable it, close and reopen FF and it should now be working.

cosmicrhubarb
Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Thanks for the reply.

Here's what happened this morning.

I read your post and checked FF Extensions.

Scriptscan was already enabled.

I did MTP 'check for updates' as per normal and this requested reboot to take effect. Ok.

Restarted, and a box appeared requesting Add-on for SA 3.5.0 - well well thought I.

Allowed this (obviously) and checked MTP 'About' and there was SA 3.5.0.227 with today's date.

Checked FF Extensions and SA 3.5.0 enabled.

So all ok it seemed.

Did Google - no SA!

Did another MTP 'check updates' (because my call to McAfee yesterday was prompted by the inability to download MTP updates because of erroneous 'Verify subscription' messages, so I wanted to check it was ok).

More updates downloaded - ok.

Fired up FF again and, as if by magic, SA indicators now appear in Google.

This all started weeks ago with mcsync.exe messages (thread #45868), and SA not working, so now it all seems fixed.

McAfee has finally upgraded SA to 3.5.0.227 which FF states is ok.

Thank you to all the contributors who have investigated and assisted with these problems.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 19

How bizarre and it wouldn't be the first time I've seen software not work, then work for no apparent reason.

All the best.

maneld
Former Member
Message 16 of 19

Re: mcsync error message

I'll ckeck in plugins; in extensions it doesn't appear.

I downloaded SA from McAfee directly using Chrome, because as you said is no longer available at Google site.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 19

I don't like Chrome personally but downloaded it just now as an experiment.  As soon as I went to a web page from the default home (sign-in) page I saw the McAfee SiteAdvisor icon which is also lkisted under Tools/Extensions.

I didn't have to enable anything.

Capture.JPG

So anyone experiencing problems should open a case with Technical Support.   It's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

maneld
Former Member
Message 18 of 19

Altought I've SA 3.5.0.227

Chomre says in file chr.inf:

"[Add_Registry]

HKLM,Software\Google\Chrome\Extensions\fheoggkfdfchfphceeifdbepaooicaho,path,0,%51000%\McChPlg.crx

HKLM,Software\Google\Chrome\Extensions\fheoggkfdfchfphceeifdbepaooicaho,version,0,3.50.146.1

[Delete_Registry]

HKLM,Software\Google\Chrome\Extensions\fheoggkfdfchfphceeifdbepaooicaho"

I'm so tired of issues, that I've uninstalled Chrome.

I've now FF and there is something I do not understand about versions, see attached, but it worksMcAfee&FF.jpg

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 19

Chrome versions are often different form your other browsers.  I don't know why but that's always been the case.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community