cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cosmicrhubarb
Contributor
Message 1 of 19

SiteAdvisor missing in Chrome/Firefox (continued)

Thanks for the replies - no pop-up or green icon.

However, in Firefox Tools - Add-Ons: 'Mcafee SiteAdvisor 3.3.1 has been disabled due to security or stability issues'.

'More Info' produces ' McAfee SiteAdvisor has been blocked for your protection'.

Presumably the SA downloaded 2 days ago is 3.5.0?, so does this mean that SA 3.3.1 needs to be removed first?

If so, how?

18 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 19

Re: mcsync error message

Maybe run the windows removal option and you get the choice to remove Total protection or SA only. Choose SA only for removal and remove it. Reboot and install the 3.5 from the link they gave here or the SA download site..

stanisluv
Contributor III
Message 3 of 19

Hm. Looks like you fogot 1 thing: after reinstall users should reactivate SA Live manually because I think SA will lost affid after reinstall.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 19

There is usually a FF popup asking that but there is an issue I have on my Xp test box where Sa 3.3.1.133 will not update. Mcafee is looking into it. Maybe this the cause of the poster having 3.3.1.? still showing.

stanisluv
Contributor III
Message 5 of 19

I think this is another situation. For example: when I remove MTP without SA then I detect that SA was returned to 3.3.1.133. So probably  SA can`t be updated without MTP.

Message was edited by: stanisluv on 8/8/12 3:34:31 PM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 19

Well i have 3.3.1.133 and it came with All access protection. But then we are wandering off the poster's issue

maneld
Former Member
Message 7 of 19

Hi, everyone,

please do not back again to the wasted resource about uninstall and reinstall SA , or all McAfee suite.

Green icon of SA is not working in Chrome for weeks, even months.

I 've been on hollydays, but before augoust McAffee knows this issue, they take a lot of information from my computer (remotes sesion) end of july.

I 'm not going to do anything but waiting for a solution.

I'ff Mcaffe needs help, here am 'I.

Please Peacekepper, be so kind to open another new treat for this issue.

Another one, we are jumping from one problem to a new one from 2011, december.

Is Mcaffe short of efficiency, short of resources or is not taking care of their users?

I'm sorry for this hard words, but I become to be feed up.

we, all, we are spending our money in a McAffe SW because be trust is better than others, or i t s not ??

Hope next conexion is to thanks McAfee for finally achieve their SW finally works completely and fine.

Regards.........    :-((

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 19

I will leave this here as seems same issue as other posts that tagged onto the older thread.

Does Firefox's green SA toolbar show up or IE's

Have you got a job number from the last support contact so I can stir them up to look into this?

I see another post re no toolbar in chrome Post 100 August 7. will contact support and see what they say.

Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 19

So your issue is chrome not displaying SA toolbar or also the mcsync issue as well? The tech we report to passed on your post to the area looking at the chrome display issue.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Me too. No SiteAdvisor icon in Chrome, no SiteAdvisor ratings in Google searches using Chrome.

Look in the list of extensions (go to the wrench/spanner, click Tools-->Extensions) and see if SiteAdvisor is listed. Then check the list of plugins (type chrome://plugins/ in the address bar) and see if it's there. I don't see it in the Extensions but it's in the Plugins. And there's no way to get SiteAdvisor now from the Chrome Apps store, it's been removed.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 15/08/12 02:12:28 IST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community