cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cosmicrhubarb
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

SiteAdvisor missing from Chrome/Firefox

As posters have reported no problems with Site Advisor, I downloaded it again.

McAfee says it is now installed, but there are no indications in Google search that it is active.

I use Firefox, and until the mcsync error messages had no issues with Site Advisor.

Am I missing something? Do I need to to activate Site Advisor after downloading?

4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 5

Re: mcsync error message

FF should popup a message asking to enable SA. Check in plugins and extensions and are they (the SA entries) enabled?

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Interesting. I'm also having a few problems with SiteAdvisor not active in Firefox. Can you see the Green icon in Firefox? After reinstalling SiteAdvisor it doesn't show in my FF although there are entries for it in Add-Ons and PlugIns. It should look like this :

SiteAdvisor icon FF.JPG

Maybe it's just a faulty installation but if there's a more general SiteAdvisor problem then I'll split these messages off to form a new thread in the SiteAdvisor section.

Bilbo_1405
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Hello, I don't have the Green icon in Firefox?

I do know that it's working because when I do a search a safe site has the reen circle with a check mark inside of it.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Re: SiteAdvisor missing from Chrome/Firefox

(Moved to SiteAdvisor section)

The SiteAdvisor posts in the mcsync thread were a bit jumbled and wouldn't all split off into the new thread. This is the first attempt at splitting them - the others are here, also in the SiteAdvisor section.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community