cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plategeek
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

SiteAdvisor makes IE freeze up!

I was forced to install a new version of McAfee at my last expiration. The new version has SiteAdvisor.

SiteAdvisor makes my browser freeze up at random. I use IE version 7.0.5730.11. I didn't have this problem prior to using SiteAdvisor. Also, when I disable SiteAdvisor, the problem stops. But I can't turn it off permanently. I have to disable it every time I start a new session.

I want one of two things:

1) A fix or tip that will cause SiteAdvisor to stop crashing (other than updating my browser, which is fine otherwise).

2) To know how to permanently turn off or uninstall SiteAdvisor. I don't find it helpful-- I run it on a separate laptop and never pay attention to it. When I go to the install/uninstall programs thingy in my Control Panel, the only McAfee product that shows up is my whole suite. SiteAdvisor doesn't show up as a separate app.

Either is good. Please help!

Jon
3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

RE: SiteAdvisor makes IE freeze up!

Uninstall/Reinstall as per: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=211820
Do not opt in to the Product Improvement Program when asked.
Raja
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

We've been getting reports of random crashes. When it crashes does IE just close or does it hang and can't be closed?
plategeek
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

It hangs with an hourglass. I have to force quit through Task Manager.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community