Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allenjenkins
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

SiteAdvisor keeps running after stopped

Jump to solution

Some time ago I had several McAfee products installed on my system, but I uninstalled everything, or so I thought.

Site Advisor continues to run. If I go into Task Manager and end the process SiteAdv.exe it just pops back up. It does not show up in the list of installed programs, so I can't uninstall it, and it doesn't show up in the list of startup items either.

The only other place I have seen it in Windows was when I received a notification that some startup programs were blocked. Opening a list of startup programs from that notification icon I did see SiteAdvisor listed as a startop item, but the ability to disable it (or whatever) was greyed out.

I need all the resources I can get on my system, so I would like to permanently remove SiteAdvisor. I appreciate any help that can be provided.

I have Vista Home Premium version 6.0, SP2.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: SiteAdvisor keeps running after stopped

Jump to solution

Try running the MCPR product removal tool listed under Useful Links at the top of this page.   Hopefully that will get it off your system.

If it doesn't then contact Technical Support, also listed there, it's a free call or use the online chat.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: SiteAdvisor keeps running after stopped

Jump to solution

Try running the MCPR product removal tool listed under Useful Links at the top of this page.   Hopefully that will get it off your system.

If it doesn't then contact Technical Support, also listed there, it's a free call or use the online chat.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community