cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kidd
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

SiteAdvisor installation freezes

Hi all first post on this site, Merry Christmas to all.:)
I had Siteadvisor installed with the HSBC McAfee package and all went well until.... an update, Then I just got the large blue blank balloon so I uninstalled SiteAdvisor and installed the Firefox Plugin (Firefox 3.0.5). All fine again untill... An update!!!! So I uninstalled the plugin. Now when I try to install the plugin I just get a nice big blank empty box during installation. I'm using XP SP3. Any ideas?:confused:Also ran McAfee Virtual Technician and it tells me I don't have any McAfee products installed!!! Virus scan & firewall working ok.:rolleyes::eek:

Kidd
7 Replies
jackthomas
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

RE: SiteAdvisor installation freezes

hello, and merry christmas, are you using IE8.0 beta by any chance? if so uinstall it.
mcafee doesnt support IE8.0 beta.
orlese please furnish some more details about your computer.
happy holidays and stay in touch.
Kidd
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Hi Jack, thanks for the reply. As I mentioned I'm using Firefox 3.0.5, Windows XP Pro SP3 & Spyware Doctor. They've all worked happily together, Just seems to be these bloody:D SiteAdvisor updates! I have IE 7 installed but never use it since I discovered Firefox some years ago. May uninstall whole McAfee pack and reinstall again. I miss SiteAdvisor!!!:(

Kidd
jackthomas
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

hi kidd, try uinstalling spyware doctor, and let me know..
and yes lot of mcafee users are complaining about mcafee siteadvisor updates.
cheers!!
Smile:)
YoKenny
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

I don't miss SiteAdvisor because I don't use Firefox grin
Kidd
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

I ended up uninstalling all McAfee and reinstalled. SiteAdvisor is working now (2.8 I think)
but any info balloons such as settings etc. are all blank boxes :confused: I can live with that untill it's sorted with an update. I didn't uninstall Spyware Doctor Jack as I thought it was probably not part of the problem (Couldn't be bothered to be honest!;)

Kidd
darcy80
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

open ie 8. leave that wondow opened and open another ie 8 page and the balloon wont pop up again...while in the new window, set all sites to compatibility veiw and then you can read whats in the balloon( after refreshing the first ie 8 window).now tell it if you want to install the yahoo toolbar or not and now you can change the compatibility view back to normal and all should work well.
Kidd
Former Member
Message 8 of 8

Thanks for the reply darcy80, Isorted the problem out. See my post 4-1-09 SiteAdvisor Sorted! 😄

Kidd
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community