Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SagePtr
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

SiteAdvisor false positive on non-existent subdomains

Jump to solution

Hello.

For some unknown to me reason, non-existent subdomains of *.[redacted] got flagged as "Phishing".
But all they showed default Plesk page. Probably one Plesk-powered website got infected and used for phishing, but for some weird reason the other sites that had the same default webpage for non-exist subdomains got marked as its alias and flagged as Phishing too.

I reconfigured webserver not to show Plesk default page anymore and reconfigured DNS zone not to reply server IP for subdomains that doesn't have corresponding website, so they probably return NXDOMAIN network error, and also i deleted all subdomains that were created far in the past and didn't receive any non-robot request last few months (probably one of them was a reason of initial detect).

Please recheck all *.[redacted] subdomains from WebAdvisor database and remove not-existing as they don't work anymore. And if there are really infected left there - please tell what of them i didn't cleaned to the end. 

Here is a list of subdomains that are in WebAdvisor blacklist at this moment, but no longer exists:

[redacted list of urls]

Maybe the list is not complete, that are sumdomains that was shown an Virustotal relation graph (as they were wildcard, any subdomain name could been added to database which i missed in list).

Thank you.

UPD: Removed all urls from the post to prevent any kind of spam.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sivasubramanian
Message 2 of 4

Re: SiteAdvisor false positive on non-existent subdomains

Jump to solution

@SagePtr 

Please follow our article  McAfee WebAdvisor and SiteAdvisor website rating dispute resolution process 

These requests will be addressed within an average of 3-5 business days

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sivasubramanian
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

@SagePtr 

Please follow our article  McAfee WebAdvisor and SiteAdvisor website rating dispute resolution process 

These requests will be addressed within an average of 3-5 business days

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
SagePtr
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

I opened a Ticket ID 2037534  at TrustedSource about review of that batch of domains, hoping they will review them and fix

sivasubramanian
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

@SagePtr 

Please wait for 3-5 business days and check the status. If the issue is not fixed beyond the stated days, write to sites@mcafee.com.

Regards
Siva

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community