Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zanata
Former Member
Message 1 of 11

SiteAdvisor false & erronate report on my new website

Jump to solution

* Translated by Google Translator  (Sorry, I don´t speak English very well, just read.)

* Domain: dfdx.com.br

Good morning.

This week the McAfee Site Advisor product began to accuse the website of my company as a practitioner of "Phishing or other scams."

SiteAdvisor detected issues on it: "McAfee TrustedSource web reputation analysis found potential security risks with this site. Use with extreme caution."

We kindly ask you to correct this classification as soon as possible as this could harm our business.

The comment that caused this problem was made by user "ColoradoChris" in 27-12-2009-19:34:16. We had a problem but this time due to deployment of an insecure website provided by a company that does not provide more services for DFDX. The website had been hacked, but was turned off in just 03 hours after the fact occurred and we never had this problem.

It is strange to know that the product SiteAdvisor has this behavior because I am user of McAfee products and did not expect this.

A review of December 2009 be causing a problem in March 2011, no technical support from McAfee shows a great weakness in the system.

I am fortunate to have the product you are accusing this failure. And if we did not have this tool installed?  I'd Never know this blockade by that plugin McAfee on the machine of potential customers and lose business to it.

The McAfee are "denigrating" the image of my company and even had the job of verifying that the problem identified by the user mentioned is still real. One problem that was corrected in December 2009 in just 03 hours.

Please correct it as soon as possible.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlphaCentauri
Former Member
Message 8 of 11

Re: SiteAdvisor false & erronate report on my new website

Jump to solution
10 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Jump to solution

This link should assist you in contacting Site Advisor concerning your website.

AlphaCentauri
Former Member
Message 3 of 11

Jump to solution

Actually, McAfee does not consider the reviewer posts when making their rating decision. Their yellow rating must have been based on something else.

I see references to your domain on various places on the internet, probably related to the hacking. There appear to have been two episodes: December 2009 and March 2010. Since the links to the malicious files on your domain probably showed up in spam, your domain is probably on the SORBS blacklist. SORBS never removes anything unless you make a donation to the charity of their choice, no matter long it has been since the listing was of any benefit to their customers. Their staff's rudeness is legendary, too. Good luck with that one.

Numerous forums mention dfdx.com.br/images/.bash/id.txt, which showed up in people's server logs. Some of the logs themselves are posted on line; many others are probably searchable on sites that have been hacked and left unsecured.

You have a bad rating on WebOfTrust. It's easy to have it re-rated by starting a thread in their forum http://www.mywot.com/forum , and there are probably several members there fluent in Brazilian Portuguese. You can just post in  your own language and see who answers. But be sure to read the thread that says, "read this before posting." Read some other threads to see what problems reviewers find with other sites. You don't want to ask for a rating if you aren't ready. Think of it like cleaning the barracks before an inspection from the sergeant. They will want things like a privacy and cookie policy (which it looks like you have) if you collect personally identifiable information, for instance.

Anyway, the McAfee rating is automatically generated and will keep turning yellow until the other issues are addressed.

See

http://www.malwaregroup.com/Domains/details/dfdx.com.br

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/dfdx.com.br

http://crackerslist.com/parked-24.log

http://www.millersmiles.co.uk/report/13540

http://82.239.0.55/livreaero.com/livreaero-20100125.log

http://lists.emergingthreats.net/pipermail/emerging-sigs/2010-January/005735.html

http://excalibur.sorbs.net/27-12-2009/2914.txt

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:pYdBO3ejy1QJ:www.masallaweb.com.ar/W3SVC81/ex10...

Google also has entries for

dfdx.com.br/images/.bash/id.txt

though the file has been removed, possibly because there is a link to it in a lot of people's server logs.

Google may be suppressing some results it considers malicious, too.

zanata
Former Member
Message 4 of 11

Jump to solution

Thank you for cooperation to help us.

I had no idea how this process worked. I thought it was just an assessment made by McAfee.

The log file containing the same text (link suspect) was deleted.

Thank you for your help and the "classroom". This forum is very rich in information and I will be following and learning more about the subject.

PS. We try to help the support department, but so far received no response. Perhaps we are very excited by the solution of the problem.

AlphaCentauri
Former Member
Message 5 of 11

Jump to solution

Yeah, I've tried the support department, too. They only seem to know about the product that runs on your computer. They don't seem to realize there is a website, let alone know how to fix problems with it.

zanata
Former Member
Message 6 of 11

Jump to solution

[[[ Portuguese to English translation ]]]

We believe it is not right or fair to receive a negative evaluation by an error that occurred more than 01 year. We have said what happened and assure you that not doing anything to harm anyone or disobey any law.

In real life, mistakes are heard, people or firms are punished for mistakes they made and life goes on.

In our case, we have not even heard, but we have already been judged, condemned and thrown into the "fire of the Holy Inquisition."

Do not voluntarily make a mistake. We were victims of an attack due to an outdated content management systems. We learned from that mistake and went ahead.

Please, if they have this autonomy, they could review or request a new evaluation of our website (dfdx.com.br)?

We are a small business and this is hurting us a lot.

McAfee provides us with no response through the support department.

The guidance we have received here has helped us a lot, but we are still receiving a negative evaluation of SiteAdvisor.

Please help us. It is very unfair what's happening.

These tools should protect end users and direct the site owners (webmasters) to improve the use of the Internet.

I used the term "fire of the Holy Inquisition" because it was what seemed to me.

Thanks.

PS: After the guidance we receive from you, we received positive evaluations of WOT (Web Of Trust) and Google SafeSurfing.

[[[ in Portuguese ]]]

Acreditamos que não seja correto ou justo receber uma avaliação negativa por um erro que ocorreu há mais de 01 ano. Já dissemos o que ocorreu e garantimos que não praticamos nada que possa prejudicar qualquer pessoa ou desobedeça qualquer lei.

Na vida real, os erros são julgados, as pessoas ou as empresas são punidas pelos erros que cometeram e a vida continua.

No nosso caso, nem mesmo fomos ouvidos, mas já fomos julgados, sentenciados e jogados na fogueira da "SANTA INQUISIÇÃO".

Não cometemos um erro voluntariamente. Fomos vítimas de um ataque devido a um software gerenciador de conteúdo desatualizado. Aprendemos com esse erro e seguimos adiante.

Por favor, caso tenham essa autonomia, poderiam rever ou solicitar uma nova avaliação do nosso website (dfdx.com.br)?

Somos uma empresa de pequeno porte e isso está nos prejudicando muito.

A McAfee não nos dá nenhuma resposta através do departamento de suporte.

As orientações que recebemos aqui já nos ajudou bastante, mas ainda continuamos recebendo uma avaliação negativa do SiteAdvisor.

Por favor, ajudem-nos. É muito injusto o que está acontecendo.

Essas ferramentas deveriam proteger os usuários finais e orientar os proprietários de sites (webmasters) a melhorar a utilização da Internet.

Utilizei o termo "fogueira da Santa Inquisição", pois foi o que pareceu para mim.

Obrigado.

PS: Após as orientações que recebemos de vocês, recebemos avaliações positivas do WOT (Web Of Trust) e do Google SafeSurfing.

NotBuyingIt
Reliable Contributor II
Message 7 of 11

Jump to solution

I am happy to see that your website is now rated "Green"!

Screen shot 2011-03-23 at 1.26.12 PM.png

AlphaCentauri
Former Member
Message 8 of 11

Jump to solution

zanata
Former Member
Message 9 of 11

Jump to solution

I just checked it.

Although this problem has caused me a big headache, I learned a lot from this situation.

I became involved with this movement.

Thank you all! All were very nice and helpful.

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Jump to solution

Glad to hear your issue is resolved.

Good Luck

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community