cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DerekShaw
Contributor
Message 21 of 25

A bit mire about SA for IE

I had another look round on my wife's computer and found a set-up file for SA with a different name to the new set-up file I had downloaded on mine using IE.

So I uninstalled my version for IE and ran the set-up file from my wife's computer on mine.

This has installed SA version 2.6.0.6261 (i.e. an older version) on mine for IE.

With this older version there are now no problems with the SA installed for FF (version 26.6 Build 6275).

This really seems to confirm that the problem is with the new version of SA for IE.

Derek Shaw
DerekShaw
Contributor
Message 22 of 25

Can't win with SA

The older version of SA that I installed for IE has now been automatically updated producing the same adverse effects in FF (now 3.0.3). I have therefore uninstalled it and reinstalled the FF add-on from FF.

This means that I do not at present have SA in IE but I mostly use FF anyway.

What is strange is that the older version on my wife's computer is not being updated automatically even though we have the same version of the security suite.

Must now see what happens on mine - perhaps it will reinstall itself again?

I have tried to find an e-mail address for McAfee but the only way to get this seems to be through the sequence McAfee Virtual Technician and FAQ, which would be rather long winded when all I want is just to send an e-nail report on the problem.

Derek Shaw
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 23 of 25

RE: Can't win with SA

Maybe she didn't opt into the Product Improvement Plan?

DerekShaw
Contributor
Message 24 of 25

I have a 3-user version, one installation is on my computer and a second is on my wife's and I set them both up, so they ought to be the same - shouldn't they?

The third installation was intended to be on a new laptop, but so far we have not got round to purchasing this yet, there have been other demands on finances which have caused us to postpone this purchase so far.

Derek Shaw
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 25 of 25

I guess so. It's just one theory as to why people are getting these new version with the abnormal behaviour.

It was only a thought.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community