Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 21 of 32

Re: SiteAdvisor causing Firefox to act funny

Refresh button, back button in FF4 and problems with the icon overlapping navigation buttons in IE9 in compact view have been reported.  They are working on it.

tigger
Former Member
Message 22 of 32

Glad they're working on it - I found I had a problem, and downloaded Firefox 4 assuming this would fix the problem. But no. It seems to be the first page onto any new tab which has the problems with Back and Reload. Only disabling Mcafee Site Advisor stops the problem. Hope your programmers can fix this soon!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 23 of 32

So do we all.  Meanwhile I'm using WOT.

newjack
Former Member
Message 24 of 32

Yes,firefox wont even load Siteadvisor when i open a search.Unless I hit the refresh button.Also Ie9 loading slow.I have an Image blow that show the time it takes to load.Site advisor is now .16 and Mcafee script poxy is now up to .17

explorer.JPG

rc678nj
Former Member
Message 25 of 32

I believe that it's a McAfee problem.  The problems started happening after an automatic McAfee update.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 26 of 32

Yes it is - I already mentioned that above.

jrun
Contributor
Message 27 of 32

I see there has been an update to the FF addon on Apr. 17th, according to the addon manager. Have they fixed it?...

...Nope, still broken

Message was edited by: jrun on 4/17/11 11:39:58 PM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 28 of 32

Supposedly 3.3.1.131 version of SA will fix this issue what was teh version you tested?

Gene
Former Member
Message 29 of 32

I now have SA 3.3.1.133 and the problem with FF4 is fixed. This fix was a LOT faster than the XP problem a year ago and I'm very grateful.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 30 of 32

Yes it seems to have cured all the problems between SA and FF4 and IE9.

All the best.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community