cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 32

Re: SiteAdvisor causing Firefox to act funny

Out of interest what version of Siteadvisor are you seeing this in? Peter has 3,3,1,129 I have an older 3.3.0.160 and do not see this.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 21/03/11 8:16:50 AM
mydlmail
Contributor
Message 12 of 32

I have siteadvisor 3.3.129 installed and firefox 3.6.15 installed.

Peacekeeper
Message 13 of 32

I assume you mean 3.3.1.129?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 32

Unfortunately 3.3.1.129 is the only version that works satisfactorily in IE9.

Until such time as the Firefox issue is resolved I've disabled SA in FF and am using WOT instead.

Meanwhile I've raised the questions in the agenda for our conference call with McAfee management today.

1.  Compact view icon sometimes appears superimposed on top of the page control buttons (minimize/restore down/close) at far top right corner. (SA Plus)

2.  Navigate away from a page and the back button often fails to activate.

3.  When there are multiple tabs often the reload button fails to work on the 1st one.

Disable SA and all is well & pages load faster too.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 21/03/11 7:57:39 EDT AM
mydlmail
Contributor
Message 15 of 32

No... it says 3.3.129 when I check the control panel. How did you check what version you have?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 32

Double click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter

Click Navigation at top right

Click About at left

Scroll down and it should be there.

If SiteAdvisor is installed by itself you wont have the above so simply click the little arrow to the right of the browser icon and select 'About'.

In Chrome right-click the icon and go to Tools/Extensions - it's listed there.

mydlmail
Contributor
Message 17 of 32

Ok. Yeah, when I click about, it says 3.3.1.129.

Oddly though, when I go through tools/extension via Chrome, it says version 3.31.131.2 for siteadvisor - even though it says otherwise when you click "about" from the icon on Chrome.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 18 of 32

There are several issue which the SiteAdvisor team are aware of and are working on.  I just downloaded Firefox 4 and it seems to work OK, albeit minus one or two add-ons which were no longer compatible and several themes which will have to wait for updates before I can use them again.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 32

Well, after some practice with FF4 I hate to say, the problems still exist.

Gene
Former Member
Message 20 of 32

The latest version of SiteAdvisor on Windows XP, 3.3.1.129, is incompatible with Foxfire 4. When tabs are opened, the Refresh button no longer works. In addition the Back is no longer active and cannot be used.

Disabling SiteAdvisor fixes the problems.

In my opinion, this is a McAfee problem. It's true Mozilla brought out a new version, but other plugins work, just not SiteAdvisor.

I should probably detail a couple of problems:

(1) Go to www.boston.com or www.nytimes.com. Click on a link with the scroll wheel to open it in a new tab. The Refresh button no longer works on the new tab. I still works on the original page.

(2) While on the new tab, click on a link with the left mouse button to open the new page in the same tab. The Back is not active and you can't return to the previous page.

Message was edited by: Gene on 3/26/11 6:52:03 PM CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community