Out of interest what version of Siteadvisor are you seeing this in? Peter has 3,3,1,129 I have an older 220.127.116.11 and do not see this.Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 21/03/11 8:16:50 AM
Unfortunately 18.104.22.168 is the only version that works satisfactorily in IE9.
Until such time as the Firefox issue is resolved I've disabled SA in FF and am using WOT instead.
Meanwhile I've raised the questions in the agenda for our conference call with McAfee management today.
1. Compact view icon sometimes appears superimposed on top of the page control buttons (minimize/restore down/close) at far top right corner. (SA Plus)
2. Navigate away from a page and the back button often fails to activate.
3. When there are multiple tabs often the reload button fails to work on the 1st one.
Disable SA and all is well & pages load faster too.
Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 21/03/11 7:57:39 EDT AM
Double click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter
Click Navigation at top right
Click About at left
Scroll down and it should be there.
If SiteAdvisor is installed by itself you wont have the above so simply click the little arrow to the right of the browser icon and select 'About'.
In Chrome right-click the icon and go to Tools/Extensions - it's listed there.
Ok. Yeah, when I click about, it says 22.214.171.124.
Oddly though, when I go through tools/extension via Chrome, it says version 126.96.36.199 for siteadvisor - even though it says otherwise when you click "about" from the icon on Chrome.
There are several issue which the SiteAdvisor team are aware of and are working on. I just downloaded Firefox 4 and it seems to work OK, albeit minus one or two add-ons which were no longer compatible and several themes which will have to wait for updates before I can use them again.
The latest version of SiteAdvisor on Windows XP, 188.8.131.52, is incompatible with Foxfire 4. When tabs are opened, the Refresh button no longer works. In addition the Back is no longer active and cannot be used.
Disabling SiteAdvisor fixes the problems.
In my opinion, this is a McAfee problem. It's true Mozilla brought out a new version, but other plugins work, just not SiteAdvisor.
I should probably detail a couple of problems:
(1) Go to www.boston.com or www.nytimes.com. Click on a link with the scroll wheel to open it in a new tab. The Refresh button no longer works on the new tab. I still works on the original page.
(2) While on the new tab, click on a link with the left mouse button to open the new page in the same tab. The Back is not active and you can't return to the previous page.Message was edited by: Gene on 3/26/11 6:52:03 PM CDT
New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.
Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership: