cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brentmeister
Former Member
Message 1 of 1

SiteAdvisor button stays gray and no websites rated when using userprofiles

I installed SiteAdvisor v2.5.0.6172 onto a brand new clean Windows XP/SP2 box, applied with all recommened updated and security patches.
I'm using IE7 and initially, SiteAdvisor works fine.

Next I create two extra users, both with "admin" privileges, and each their own userprofile taken from the default userprofile, automatically created on their first login.

When I log in as the second newly created user, and start IE7, the SiteAdvisor button works for a couple of minutes and lights up green. Shortly thereafter it shifts to gray; left/right clicking on the arrow in the button, which should bring op the contextmenu, does nothing. Obviously, browsing websites in IE7 does not show the red/green website ratings anymore.
As soon as this happens, SiteAdvisor has stopped working in the other user accounts as well. When I logoff and log in as a nother user, the SiteAdvisor button is gray and does not respond to clicks.

I tried to uninstall SiteAdvisor as outlined in several posts here, making sure to delete any stale folders in the userprofile in C:\Documents and Settings\. I also deleted references in the registry and rebooted to clear them from memory. I also ran the mcpr tool. I repeated this procedure several times.

I added the appr. rules for SiteAdv.exe and SAService to the firewall, to prevent blocking of traffic.

Brentmeister
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community