cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
forsate
Former Member
Message 1 of 1

SiteAdvisor and Total Protection inconsistencies

I have McAfee Total Protection 2012 (autmatically updated and fully up to date) and SiteAdvisor installed.  I may be missing something in the way the two work but there are some apparent inconsistencies in the results they give; if anyone can help me I would be grateful:

A couple of websites I have been using regularly have started to behave in a most peculiar manner.  They are:

• The AA route planner service at www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp
  • The Forums tab at www.cruisecritic.co.uk

Both sites have the green tick on Google indicating that these are safe sites.  However, when clicked on Google I immediately get the full page red warning that I am attempting to enter a dangerous site.  Picking up the site reports in both cases I am told that both are indeed safe as indicated by the green ticks on Google.  I would have expected that SiteAdvisor would give the same indications.

This does not seem to be a short term problem while the two systems are synchronised with each other.  At least, I would have expected them to be synchronised - surely they are not independent of each other?  This is a problem which has been apparent for a couple of weeks.  Neither is it a glitch on my computer or browser, as I get the same results on two separate computers, one of which is usually used with Firefox and the other with Internet Explorer.

Can anyone please tell me what is going on or whether I have overlooked some simple setting or step in the way I am using them?

Forsate

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community