cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikewertheim
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

SiteAdvisor and SearchWiki

The Site Advisor icons appear on top of Google's SearchWiki icons, which makes SearchWiki almost impossible to use if Site Advisor is installed.

Is there a plan to fix this in an upcoming Site Advisor release? (If so, when can we expect the new release?) Or is there a workaround?
8 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

RE: SiteAdvisor and SearchWiki

Google Wiki is still in beta I believe. McAfee traditionally is silent on betas except to say they do not support their products in relation to anything beta.
I'm sure it will be supported when it's released.

Try the feedback form here: http://www.siteadvisor.com/userfeedback.html
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 9

Do you mean the searchwiki that turns on when one is signed in to Google? All I see that could be a problem is the icon overlaps something as in the attached thumb.
mikewertheim
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

SearchWiki is not beta anymore. Everyone who signs in to Google gets it.

On my system (Firefox 3.0.4 on Win XP), the Site Advisor checkbox icon is much more in the way of the SearchWiki icon than in the screen shot you uploaded. If the 2 icons are overlapping such that it interferes with the easy clicking of either icon, that's a bug that's probably worth fixing.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 9

I would use the feedback form and choose the "Report An Error" option. It's the quickest way to get in touch with the SA team. I haven't seen a single SA person in here in over a month.

I will bring it up at our next conference call - Monday. That's the only time we Mods can speak directly with McAfee staff.
YoKenny
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

I do not see the problem with IE7 when I am not logged in but I do when I am.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

YoKenny were you signed into Google at that time? The reason I ask is that the wiki buttons are absent in your shot.
YoKenny
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

The wiki buttons are visible now that I am logged in and I edited my post to indicate that I see the same overlap.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

OK thanks. I have made it a topic for our next call but you guys should use that feedback form.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community