I was going to add this messge to my previous thread, but thought a separate thread might be better and not too confusing...
I was going to try and add the McAfee SiteAdvisor to our desktop (WinXPsp3 / IE 😎 again and found that every time I clicked on a McAfee site, I was not taken to that site (while I was using IE 8). I just click on the McAfee URL and nothing happens, no McAfee site screen opens.
No problem going to a McAfee site (for instance = http://home.mcafee.com/root/landingpage.aspx?LPName=/performics/2prod_v3&culture=en-us&affid=736&aco...) while in Firefox. (I even clicked on this URL while proof-reading this thread and I couldn't go to the McAfee Home Page.)
Does anyone know why I can't access any McAfee sites while using IE 8 on my desktop? I can access any other sites, just not a McAfee site.
Or, I will get a "Internet Exploer cannot display the webpage. What you can try:..." Or, I will keep clicking on the URL and nothing will happen.
P.S. Maybe that is why (I'm just guessing here, when I originally download SA, I used FF, and maybe that is why SA did not work in my IE8. Somewhere I read that SA is not compatible with IE8. Just too confusing for us and think we will forget about using SA on this desktop. Tried it on the Vista notebook and notice SA only works in the FF and not IE8; so, maybe it is an IE8 compatibility problem. Just don't know but don't want to spend any more time trying to get it to work. I did use the Add/Remove to get rid of the SA and also used the MCPR removal tool.