cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newjack
Former Member
Message 91 of 101

Re: SiteAdvisor and Firefox 5

Hi mkonkolo, I have uninstalled site advisor on firefox for now.I am running WOT.As far as the info you needed My Mcafee security center

is version 11.0  Build 11.0.572. I have since uninstalled.Iwas getting those pop ups that I posted earlier in this thread.I thought I only had Wot installed.On firefox 5 I had adblock plus and noscript.But I totally uninstalled the entire program and started fresh with 6.0 and Site Ad 3.4 when I started to recieve the pop ups.

PhilF
Contributor III
Message 92 of 101

Thanks...

I just set up a new profile, and added MSA, as well as the three other add-ons that I had thought were causing my problems. 

MSA is working fine, so I think I need to do a bit more digging to see exactly what setting or other add-on may be causing this issue.

Problem solved....

I had been using an old add on by forcing compatiblity - Organize Status Bar

Disabled this and no more pop ups.

Message was edited by: PhilF on 8/23/11 8:22:01 PM EDT
mkonkolo
Former Member
Message 93 of 101

Perfect. Thanks for the input.

mkonkolo
Former Member
Message 94 of 101

Newjack,

Any chance you are running "Organize Status Bar"?

newjack
Former Member
Message 95 of 101

No but I just found something else that was odd.Not sure if it should go here or under the hidden file thread?I just went into my folder options so I could unhide an image Mcafee has hidden to send here.When I unhide the folder option I noticed a hidden Firefox icon?Now the other day when I downloaded it.Firefox did not make a desktop icon.I thought that was weird.So I created my own.Only to find out I have a Hidden firefox Icon courtesy of Mcafee.I don`t believe this would create a problem but ....

firefox hidden Icon.JPG

Message was edited by: newjack on 8/24/11 5:21:48 PM EDT
storm2154
Former Member
Message 96 of 101

Hi peter,

Will you please tell me if this issue has been fixed.

i.e the 'Red Flagged warnings" I can still go to these sites with no warning or Whoaaa!!! in RED and when I am at the site the Site Advisor Icon turns grey.

Many Thanks,

Ian.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 97 of 101

Peter's offline (night time in Toronto, dawn here), so I'll answer : not fixed as far as I'm aware. If that is still the case on Monday, we'll raise it in the weekly call.

storm2154
Former Member
Message 98 of 101

Thank you Hayton.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 99 of 101

Newjack: That solid Firefox shortcut has been manually created - you can tell by the '-shortcut' after the name.  McAfee doesn't create shortcuts to anything but it's own software at first installation & sometimes when there's a major upgrade.  The shaded one was created by Firefox itself not by McAfee, possibly when Firefox upgraded last, but I'm only guessing as to when.

storm2154, I really am not sure about this business you are experiencing as I haven't seen it at all.  Check your other browser add-ons, that they aren't clashing with McAfee.    Hayton has said that he will bring it up at our call.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/08/11 9:43:03 EDT AM
newjack
Former Member
Message 100 of 101

I know the solid one has been created Peter.I created it.I am saying that when I downloaded firefox 6.It did not leave an icon on my desktop.I found out Later that Mcafee Hide the Icon.As you can see on the right.All items on the right are hidden by Mcafee.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community