Message 21 of 101

Re: SiteAdvisor and Firefox 5

Thanks 😉

drghughes
Former Member
Message 22 of 101

dougr_t3_support wrote:

If you want to use our software with FF5 or FF6 you can try our beta at http://sadownload.mcafee.com/products/sa/beta/saSetup.exe

If I try the beta, where do I provide feedback?

I had a look at http://beta.mcafee.com/ but there doesn't appear to be anything there.

Message was edited by: drghughes to correct punctuation. on 06/08/11 13:49:01 CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 23 of 101

Here is fine.

drghughes
Former Member
Message 24 of 101

Ex_Brit wrote:

Here is fine.

Thanks!

drghughes
Former Member
Message 25 of 101

I've had generally positive results with the beta (Chrome says v3.40.131.3, Firefox says v3.4.0.138, IE8 says v3.4.0.138) - this is on Windows XP SP3 Home 32 bit.

I installed without uninstalling the previous version and this all went okay.

I tested SiteAdvisor with Google searches in Chrome and Firefox.  These worked okay, though I had to switch off instant search to get the SiteAdvisor recommendations to appear.  I tested SiteAdvisor with Bing in IE8 and that worked okay.

Once, when I started Chrome my whole PC crashed.  I can't say that this was specifically due to SiteAdvisor but I haven't had problems with this before.  I sent the Windows Error Reporting report so hopefully McAfee will subscribe to that and be able to see if there is anything going on.  I had a Windows Security Essentials scan running at the same time, so maybe SiteAdvisor didn't like the competition for resources.

I've noticed that from time to time Firefox uses significantly more CPU than normal.  Disabling SiteAdvisor cuts the CPU usage back to normal.

So, generally it looks okay, though a little more work may be required to increase efficiency and stability.

mh0001i
Contributor
Message 26 of 101

The compact view of the SiteAdvisor Toolbar is a bit strange because, if you have many open tabs, it overlaps the tabs and the button to open a new tab. Is there any reason why the compact view is much wider than the standard view? I would like to have a real compact view, for example just the McAfee-shield in the respective color. Otherwise it should be ensured that it can't overlap the tabs.

Another point: I usually don't need the toolbar, I primarily want to see the site-ratings beside the search results. Interaction with yellow or red sites when typing the url by myself is prevented by the protection mode of SiteAdvisor LIVE. So it would be the best for me, if I could make the SA toolbar completely invisible. I tried to put in standard view and then disable the add-on bar in Firefox. While Adblock Plus has no problems with this, SiteAdvisor make the add-on bar become visible again everytime I restart Firefox. So would it be at least possible to suppress this behavior?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 27 of 101

You must have an awful lot of tabs open for it to overlap anything - I don't see that behaviour here.

SA is either on or off, you can't have it on with nothing visible.

mh0001i
Contributor
Message 28 of 101

hmm, not too many, 6-7 are enough, as you can see here: http://s1.directupload.net/images/110810/wv6m27eh.png

I made this screenshot with the Firefox window maximized at 1920x1200. I usually have 6-7 tabs open, sometimes even more.

Edit: But I think that I know why you didn't notice any problem. You don't have the Firefox window maximized, do you? If I make the window smaller, the SiteAdvisor toolbar is above the tabs. But it still looks a little bit displaced: http://s1.directupload.net/images/110810/9yfxbemf.png  Maybe it should be lifted a bit. But this still wouldn't help when I max the window.

Nachricht geändert durch mh0001i on 10.08.11 13:01:15 CDT
miguelgrado
Contributor III
Message 29 of 101

siteadvisor 3.4.a little bug.al to use imtranslator appears screen javascript with:exc in ev.handl:typeerror this.oroot enable is not to fuction.acept .and then I touch to accept and function perfectly.i have windows 7 pro 64 bits y firefox 5.0.1.for ex_brit

El mensaje fue editado por: miguelgrado on 10/08/11 13:57:27 CDT
Forospyware Warrior
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 30 of 101

That picture looks a bit skewed - are you using an abnormal screen resolution or something?  Mine is totally flush with the top of the screen not drooping below like in that pic.  Unless it's the Firefox skin you are using.

Capture.JPG

Miguel - not sure what you are getting.  Translate works fine on my Firefox.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community