Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaymfe
Former Member
Message 81 of 101

Re: SiteAdvisor and Firefox 5

Hi trattner,

Site Advisor 3.4 is available however it will take time to implement on all Geos and partners. SA 3.4 is available for both free and live version. 

To get  SA live 3.4,

SA 3.4.jpg

1. you may please go to Add/remove (XP) or Programs and features (Vista/ 7) and select McAfee security product and remove SA only. sa uninstall2.jpg
  2. Restart the computer.
  3. Go to http://www.SiteAdvisor.com and downloadfree edition and install it.sa install.jpg
  4. Open internet explorer and openSA option and activate it using your McAfee account login credentials.SaLive activate.jpg
  5. Close all internet explorer andre-open it and check the version of SA and it must be 3.4.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 82 of 101

trattner wrote:

Hi Peter,

I see that both you and quite a lot of other Users state that v. 3.4 of SA has been released, and that it plays nice (most of the time) with FF5 and above.

Are you referring to the FREE version of SA or to the PAID (SA Live, formerly SA Plus) version?

The thing is, that I am subscribed to the paid version, and:

1. If I go to "About"  to check the version, which shows 3.3.1, and from there click on "Check for updates", it tells me that this IS the most recent version;

2. If I log-in to McAfee, and go to re-download my paid-for software, the NEW Download Manager (v. 5.0.259.0) I get eventually (after getting anew my credentials) downloads & installs ... v. 3.3.1 too!

So how am I to get to 3.4 (and eventually move ahead from FF 4.01)?

Thanks in advance for any light you may throw on this one.

Best,

Eric

It doesn't matter which version of SA you have, free or paid.    Try what has been suggested in the previous post.

trattner
Former Member
Message 83 of 101

Thanks Jayadeep & Peter!

I downloaded the Installer from the SA Web site (as you suggested), and performed a direct upgrade (over the existing Install).

It DID upgrade to 3.4 b143, and even preserved my paid-for version credentials

Odd that it worked this way, but did not do the job when downloading directly from my account ...

One visible difference however: the "Secure Search box" disappeared ... Is this the way it is meant to be?

Thanks again,

Eric

mkonkolo
Former Member
Message 84 of 101

Hey Everyone,

I'd like to get an idea w respect to a few more details to the JS pop up you guys are seeing, so we can troubleshoot more effectively.

1. Could you guys confirm which version of the McAfee suite product you are running (if any)

How to do this

A. Double click on McAfee icon in sys tray

B. After McAfee Security Centre is brought up, click on "About" in the upper right hand corner, I am intersted in the version of "McAfee SecurityCenter"

2. Could you confirm which OS version you are running?

3. What third party plugins are you running in addition to SiteAdvisor? It seems that in general, the majority of you guys have adblock and noscript, but specifics would help us narrow down the issue...

4. What was the specific scenario that you encountered this problem during?

-Ex. performing a google search, performing a search through the McAfee SafeSearch box, etc.

Any info to help us narrow down the issue is greatly appreciated! Also, please also make sure to file a support ticket if you haven't already done so.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 85 of 101

trattner wrote:

Thanks Jayadeep & Peter!

I downloaded the Installer from the SA Web site (as you suggested), and performed a direct upgrade (over the existing Install).

It DID upgrade to 3.4 b143, and even preserved my paid-for version credentials

Odd that it worked this way, but did not do the job when downloading directly from my account ...

One visible difference however: the "Secure Search box" disappeared ... Is this the way it is meant to be?

Thanks again,

Eric

Although I don't have that option checked on mine it is still there but my version ends in 138.  Hoipefully someone else can explain this whi is reading this thread.

mkonkolo
Former Member
Message 86 of 101

Hi Trattner,

Two quick questions with respect to your over-install & lack of secure search after:

1. Can you check whether or not secure search is enabled on your client? (Whether or not the option is checked off in the Options-->Secure Search tab)

2. Can you try re-downloading the product and ensure that you do not change any of the default options presented during the install?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Cheers,
Maciek

trattner
Former Member
Message 87 of 101

Hello Maciek,

Thanks for your input.

As you may see from the image below, there is no Search tab under the product's Options ...

3.4.0.143-options.jpg

The following picture shows the version I am running currently (3.4.0.143):

AboutSA-3.4.0.143.jpg

Finally, while installing from the saSetup.exe file downloaded from < https://sadownload.mcafee.com/products/SA/Website/saSetup.exe > one doesn't get ANY custom installation options (so, again, cannot help there ...)

BTW, just to make sure we refer to the same file, the file downloaded is 7,328,480 bytes in size, and its MD5 signature is 3fac87e50c23a6ec52d045bfc8ffb443 (the SHA-1 descriptor is 54D42F4FDF69F24D056C6FE63D0342E5200ABAAC).

Hope this helps.

Thanks again,

Eric

PhilF
Contributor III
Message 88 of 101

I have three machines.

On the one that has MTP, MSA has not yet been updated to 3.4, and as you might imagine, I have not been in any big hurry to do so.

I am running the free version of MSA 3.4 on my two other machines... one running Windows 7, and the other XP pro.

Both of these have most of the same add-ons, and both are experiencing the same popup errors mentioned here: https://community.mcafee.com/message/202178#202178.

The problem seems be a conflict with a combination of Ad Block Plus, No Script, and TACO w/ Abine.

The pop-up issue is constant, even when simply opening the Add-ons manager.

I must actually disable all three to eliminate the pop-ups.

I do not utilize the secure search option.

It is not a download issue, as I have the same issue on more than one machine.

I would be more than happy to re-enable MSA in FF, and provide you with any error logs that might help.  Just let me know what you need.

BTW, no issues what-so-ever with WOT.

Thanks

mkonkolo
Former Member
Message 89 of 101

Thanks for the input Eric,

I'll forward this info to the appropriate people and attempt to repro your scenario. I'll try & have some information to you by tomorrow EOD EST.

mkonkolo
Former Member
Message 90 of 101

Thanks PhilF,

I did not have the third plugin (TACO w/ Abine) on my test machines during repro attempts. I will do so tomorrow & will attempt to get some information to you by EOD (similarly to Phil's case).

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community