Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 61 of 101

Re: SiteAdvisor and Firefox 5

Header for each post for the last 2 pages changed back to the original one, not sure how it got changed to reflect a totally different thread.

newjack that isn't happening to me so perhaps you should open a case with technical Support as it would appear something abnormal is going on.

If you are victim of that 'hidden files' issue then that belongs in another thread as you know.   It could certainly have something to do with that.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/08/11 4:32:51 EDT PM
paulhunter22
Former Member
Message 62 of 101

Thanks, but the hyperlink you gave asks me to subscribe or have a free trial.  I am actually an existing customer, with Anti-virus Plus.  Do I have to download the complete software all over again, or can I just download SA 3.4, and if so how?

newjack
Former Member
Message 63 of 101

O.k I will  unhide all of my Images temporarily.Here is what happans occasionally.

firefox error.JPG

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 64 of 101

Click the downloads tab on that page and go to the bottom of the page for the download link or go here:  http://www.siteadvisor.com/download/windows.html

newjack
Former Member
Message 65 of 101

Also this one.After loading Firefox 6.0 with site advisor 3.4

site advisor with firefox.JPG

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 66 of 101

newjack wrote:

O.k I will  unhide all of my Images temporarily.Here is what happans occasionally.

firefox error.JPG

I doubt that has anything to do with this thread and more to do, if any, with that other problem which isn't being handled here.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 67 of 101

newjack wrote:

Also this one.After loading Firefox 6.0 with site advisor 3.4

site advisor with firefox.JPG

Go to Control Panel/Network and Internet/Internet Options and go to Advanced tab and make sure the script debugging items are checked as per:

Capture.JPG

These things happen if you change default settings.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/08/11 4:40:21 EDT PM
newjack
Former Member
Message 68 of 101

What other problem Peter? I have had about 10 since the new version of Mcafee came out.Are you referring to the File property issue? Also I had no problems with firefox 5.0 I just wanted to use it with site advisor.But since Mcafee has not been able to roll out a fix in a timely fashion to many of my problems.I figured I would give it a go.

Since Site advisor is part of my paid package I was trying to get it to work with Firefox.I guess I should have left it  alone with WOT.By the way I was assuming this is the right spot for this post.Since it pertains to Firefox and site advisor?Plus I did not have these errors until I installed Firefox 6 and 3.4.

I guess we were posting at the same time.

Message was edited by: newjack on 8/19/11 4:50:12 PM EDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 69 of 101

newjack wrote:

What other problem Peter? I have had about 10 since the new version of Mcafee came out.Are you referring to the File property issue? Also I had no problems with firefox 5.0 I just wanted to use it with site advisor.But since Mcafee has not been able to roll out a fix in a timely fashion to many of my problems.I figured I would give it a go.

Since Site advisor is part of my paid package I was trying to get it to work with Firefox.I guess I should have left it  alone with WOT.By the way I was assuming this is the right spot for this post.Since it pertains to Firefox and site advisor?Plus I did not have these errors until I installed Firefox 6 and 3.4.

I guess we were posting at the same time.

Message was edited by: newjack on 8/19/11 4:50:12 PM EDT

I thought you were a victim of that hidden folders problem...no?   You mean you hide folders on purpose, sorry I misunderstood.   I doubt SA would cause JS errors, most likely something else is wrong. 

newjack
Former Member
Message 70 of 101

Peter, is`nt that for IE9???

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community