Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajacobs
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 41 of 101

Re: SiteAdvisor and Firefox 5

SiteAdvisor 3.4 has been released, which now works with Firefox 5.0. Just go to https://www.siteadvisor.com to download the new version!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 42 of 101

Thanks April I'll remove my reference to the beta from the beta downloads blurb I did.

stuartsa
Former Member
Message 43 of 101

That's all well and good, April, but we Mac users still don't have the equivalent. I know that this forum does not support McAfee's Mac products, but an update to the Mac version of SiteAdvisor cannot be two far behind. Or could it?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 44 of 101

So far there isn't one for Safari, but I am sure they are looking into it.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 45 of 101

I tell a lie, what's this?  http://home.mcafee.com/Store/PackageDetail.aspx?pkgid=358

This isn't the right area for support for that product. however.

davoud1
Contributor
Message 46 of 101

Mac FF 5.0 support is coming by end of Sept. Safari is on our roadmap.

Unclepotter
Former Member
Message 47 of 101

Thanks for the heads up April

Just updated and it works fine.

Unclepotter
Former Member
Message 48 of 101

Hi Ex_Brit,

So according to what you have said Google Toolbar won't be compatible ever with Firefox 5,what about versions beyond FF5?.Do you possibly have the link where you saw it.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/08/11 4:24:55 EDT PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 49 of 101

That's what Google have said publicly and in emails to me.

This is quoted from Mozilla forums:

The old installed version of Google Toolbar has a file named install.rdf that declares the max supported version of Firefox to be 4.0.

To fix this just open the install.rdf file with notepad and change maxVersion from 4.0.* to 6.* (or later - I put 8.* in mine and am now waiting for an explosion..LOL)

Now, in order to find the correct install.rdf file do the following:

Go to folder : C:\Users\[your user name here]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[sometext].default and search for the install.rdf file

Windows search will find many install.rdf files (one for each addon you have installed on firefox) so make sure that you find the install.rdf that has the line

Google Toolbar for Firefox in it. For this install.rdf file just rename the max version as stated above , restart firefox..and voila! Google Toolbar is back and fully functional!

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/08/11 4:25:13 EDT PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 50 of 101

I've just installed Firefox 6 (actual release date tomorrow) and Google Toolbar and SiteAdvisor 3.4 are working, however with red flagged sites there seems to be an issue where you'll get the popup warning yet if you proceed to the site anyway, the SA icon will remain green.  In IE9 it works properly.

We will be discussing this on our conference call with McAfee in half-an-hour or so.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/08/11 3:39:02 EDT PM

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/08/11 4:25:52 EDT PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community