cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soljkom
Former Member
Message 11 of 101

Re: File property issues cause by mcafee?

Hahaha it's very funny to me that you say maybe McAfee tests things more thoroughly cause all the bugs their software has , anyway a good day to you sir i just wanted to make you aware that Safe Web was made compatible with FF5 in 2 days since it's release.

brandonspopo
Former Member
Message 12 of 101

Well, all I know us that McAfee is expensive and I would expect that tech support would be more on the ball in their collaboration with the fastest moving web browser. It's not that hard to write code when you are paid to do so. Anyway........back to the topic at hand. We need our programs fixed once and for all when it comes to hidden folders. I for one am happy with McAfee and their support, except for this issue. Their tech responds to my needs quickly. But on this issue, the excuses and attempts to deflect criticisms are insufficient.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 101

Norton/Symantec patched theirs for Firefox 5, no word of future compatibility that I can find in their forums or on their product pages.  McAfee is rewriting theirs from the ground up so that changing Firefox versions wont have any effect in the future and I think that is a far better approach as Firefox is releasing version 6 soon and future ones in quick order.

None of the software on the market, no matter what brand, is guaranteed to work as it should 100% of the time, that's a fact.

As I said it wont be long, see THIS post.  If you can't wait or have come here just to split hairs, then go with the other product, please or at least make do with another browser for now if you worry about your browser security.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 04/08/11 9:39:20 EDT AM
dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 14 of 101

Re: SiteAdvisor and Firefox 5

Can we take this discussion to a different thread? It is starting to go off topic.

There is no way you can guarantee forward compatibility. No software company can guarantee that. This is why most companies don't support betas. The developer could change one bit post release and break your software. If you want to use our software with FF5 or FF6 you can try our beta at http://sadownload.mcafee.com/products/sa/beta/saSetup.exe

Thanks,

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 04/08/11 1:43:46 EDT PM
thegilpins
Former Member
Message 15 of 101

So can anyone tell us when we will get a fix for the hidden images on rotate?

Someone in mcafee must kow when it will be ready.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 04/08/11 1:43:21 EDT PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 101

I broke this thread and branched it to SiteAdvisor, also renamed it as it had diverged considerably from the original poster's subject line.

Doug has posted a link to the beta version of SiteAdvisor which will work with Firefox 5.   Anyone willing to try it?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 04/08/11 1:42:44 EDT PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 101

thegilpins wrote:

So can anyone tell us when we will get a fix for the hidden images on rotate?

Someone in mcafee must kow when it will be ready.

thegilpins, sorry but branching the thread caused this one post to land in the wrong thread,  You may wish to repost it back in the original thread:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/35820?start=180&tstart=0

Sorry it was unavoidable and this board wont permit me to move just one post to another thread.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 04/08/11 2:05:53 EDT PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 18 of 101

dougr_t3_support wrote:

Can we take this discussion to a different thread? It is starting to go off topic.

There is no way you can guarantee forward compatibility. No software company can guarantee that. This is why most companies don't support betas. The developer could change one bit post release and break your software. If you want to use our software with FF5 or FF6 you can try our beta at http://sadownload.mcafee.com/products/sa/beta/saSetup.exe

Thanks,

Doug it updated my SiteAdvisor Live and kept the original settings and seems to work fine.  Will it update to the final version automatically?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 04/08/11 2:09:52 EDT PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 101

Doug,

Would it be possible to post here when the final version is released?

dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 20 of 101

I am using it with FF5 and also FF6Beta on my test machine. Everything is working like before.

Once it is officially released, I will let you know on the weekly call or in this thread, whichever comes first.

Regards,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community