cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ttstrangler
Former Member
Message 31 of 40

RE: SiteAdvisor and Firefox 3 RC1

I'm not getting installation issues. It works fine when viewing a site, but when I search something on Google, all I see is boxes.
mutz
Former Member
Message 32 of 40

I9 think it has something todo with themes of firefox

the url of the image is
chrome://safe/content/green.gif

i think chrome is the standard user interface theme of firefox 2...
somehow that name is changed in firefox 3 so it doesn't point to the right location
Pit66
Contributor
Message 33 of 40

Hi all afther 8 days now with modified xpi i don't have problem with google search.

All work great. ty.
ashketchum
Former Member
Message 34 of 40

RE: I spoke too soon

Try disabling automatic updates for addons in Firefox. Cause if the icons are disappearing then your extension is getting automatically updated to newer version. Don't know why its happening for you. Its working fine for me.

Another thing you will notice if your extension gets updated is that the image in the status bar turns into a button(which causes the status bar to become thick). In the modified xpi its not a button, but just the image and does not have an arrow near it. And since its not a button it does not cause the status bar to become thick.

Anyway, here's the link to the modified extension for those who haven't noticed it yet. happy
Philbee
Contributor
Message 35 of 40

i'm still patiently waiting for mcafee to come up with a new version of site advisor that will work with FF3.0.

any news? i've tried safe.xpi the file that was submitted earlier as a work-around, and it just doesn't "stick"

any news on when the FF3 compatible site advisor will be out of beta?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 36 of 40

They wont be making a compatible version with any beta product. Once Firefox 3 is out of beta then it will be released, as has been stated several times already. This may or may not be the Siteadvisor that is in beta testing, or it could merely arrive as a product update.

The one I'm testing right now on my XP SP3 OS is next year's product as far as I can tell. That normally is released in the fall of the year prior.
Philbee
Contributor
Message 37 of 40

well, i'll check again when FF3 is out of beta. that's supposed to be in june according to what i've read. in the meantime i'll just check these forums for updates and info.

btw...i wanted to give high compliments to the site advisor developers. i'm so glad they are continuously working to make the product compatible as FF and IE come close to new versions. i think site advisor is an excellent product, by far one of the best security tools out there! happy
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 38 of 40

I'm sure they'd be very pleased to hear that.
PraveenRajaretn
Contributor
Message 39 of 40

Hello Philbee,

SiteAdvisor has released an update for the FF 3 RC1 bug for all users who have installed SiteAdvisor through 'saSetup.exe' (IE Plugin - this contains the FireFox Plugin as well. This is a common installer for IE and FireFox). However, we're yet to release an update for SiteAdvisor's FireFox plugin (safe.xpi - users who have installed SiteAdvisor on FireFox only). This will be released most probably on Monday (EST).

The update will happen automatically.

Thank you for the kind words Philbee. Please do share your thoughts / suggestions on improving our product.

Thank You,

Praveen
McAfee SiteAdvisor Team
Philbee
Contributor
Message 40 of 40

looks like it's fixed!!

i'd like to thank the SA developers. today i cleared my cache and other excess files from FF3 RC-1, and to my great surprise, i was now getting the green checkmarks in google searches whereas before i had been getting an empty box.

i don't have any idea when the fix was made available. but i would very much like to thank the developers here at Mcafee for fixing this problem. you guys have an excellent product here with site advisor, and i am very glad when bugs need to be fixed, they are.

great job! happy
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community