cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Philbee
Contributor
Message 21 of 40

RE: SiteAdvisor and Firefox 3 RC1

i have no idea why the site advisor version updated itself immediately to 26.6! i guess i'll have to be patient until mcafee comes up with an updated site advisor version for firefox 3. it really puzzles me that the firefox site advisor plugin automatically updates itself. i didn't know it did that.
ashketchum
Former Member
Message 22 of 40

Well try this --> http://www.mediafire.com/?txmwms9ml3r . I changed version number to 26.6. It should prevent siteadvisor from getting updated.
Pit66
Contributor
Message 23 of 40

Thank very much Ashketchum work perfectely now with for your link.

I'm with Firefox 3 rc 1 too and i have 26.6 version now and google search all is ok.

Closed reopen firefox and it's work rebooted and SiteAdvisor work great and stable.

Another time ty very much 🙂

PS: Sorry for my english.
Philbee
Contributor
Message 24 of 40

so far so good! this will be a good solution until the mcafee folks come up with the update. thanks so much for your help! happy
Philbee
Contributor
Message 25 of 40

annotations are gone again!

i just opened firefox again and the annotations on google are gone. hopefully this problem will be solved completely by the time firefox 3 is released final. i'm really puzzled by this. i'll keep waiting for a patch or an upgrade.

the annotations have been replaced by blank place-holders once again. the site advisor button stays green, and displays what i believe is the correct version (26.6 build 6265), but why the checkmarks have been replaced by blank placeholders in google i really do not understand. it just stopped displaying them for no reason.

very strange. i hope a permanent solution can be found.
emacee1701
Former Member
Message 26 of 40

AshKetchum: Thanks. The modified xpi file solved the problem.
Philbee
Contributor
Message 27 of 40

i couldn't get it to work when i tried it. hopefully when firefox 3.0 final is released mcafee will have a revised version of site advisor to work with it. (it worked temporarily, and then stopped.)
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 28 of 40

SiteAdvisor 2.8 is in testing right now.
Philbee
Contributor
Message 29 of 40

fantastic! i look forward to it being released, so i can use it with firefox 3.0. will there also be an upgrade for site advisor for IE7?

btw...i have tested the new mcafee safe search on YAHOO! and it works very well. should work very well with the site advisor plugins i would imagine.
emacee1701
Former Member
Message 30 of 40

I spoke too soon

Phil: I am also having a problem with search icons disappearing. After I install the modified xpi file and I have them. Later they are gone. I haven't seen a pattern. Sometimes they last a while; sometimes they are gone the next time I open Firefox.

As you say, main thing is McAfee knows about it and is working on it.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community