cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonH
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

SiteAdvisor Plus problem with Firefox Google start page.

Like the subject line says, I'm having a problem using the Firefox Google Start Page with SiteAdvisor Plus. What happens is that SiteAdvisor works fine for the first search from the Firefox Google Start page.However, if I try another search from the search box at the top of the results page no SiteAdvisor ratings are returned for that search and this behavior persists until I return to the main start page. This only seems to happen with the Firefox Google Start page and not with the regular Google page.

I can, of course, use the regular Google search page but I prefer using the Firefox Google page because I don't have to put up with things like their Buckyball animations which are cute the first time you see them but get annoying really fast afterwards.

I'm using SiteAdvisor Plus 1.32.0.152 on Vista Home Premium 64bit. Windows, Firefox, and McAfee are all up to date.

--Ron

5 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: SiteAdvisor Plus problem with Firefox Google start page.

Hello Ron,

Could you please let us know if we face this same problem with Internet explorer as well ?
Also let us know what is the version of Firefox that we use in the computer

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

RonH
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi Dinesh,

Well, I don't normally use Internet Explorer with that page because... well, it's the Firefox home page. However, I did as you asked and tried it with Internet Explorer 8. Same result. The first page of search results comes up with SiteAdvisor ratings. Every page after that comes up with no ratings even if you use the same exact search term you used to begin your search. Refreshing the page makes no difference.

Also, my Firefox version is 3.6.8.

--Ron

Mercury7
Contributor III
Message 4 of 6

I routinely use Internet Explorer (version 8.0.6001.18943) on a VISTA 32-bit system (Service Pack 2, with all updates current as of 9 Sept 2010).  I have the same problem as described by RonH.  Am running SiteAdvisor 3.2.0.152.

Message was edited by: Mercury7 on 9/9/10 3:40:46 PM CDT
RonH
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Merc,

Try it today. It seems to be working OK for me at the moment. One thing though. You have to turn Instant Search OFF. With the new instant search feature I get the same results as before. However, I have Norton installed on another machine and it's Safe Web module seems to work fine with Instant Search either ON or OFF.

--Ron

Mercury7
Contributor III
Message 6 of 6

Thanks, Ron - turning Instant Search off did the trick.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community