cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MsMadison
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

SiteAdvisor Mouse-over Popups

Is there a way to disable SiteAdvisor's mouse-over site alert summary balloon that pops up everytime you mouse-over the alert marks at the end of each site listed while browsing?

I have this bad habit of using my mouse to follow what I'm reading and I keep triggering the popups. I still want to see the alert MARKS, but I don't want to see the popup balloons unless I choose to by clicking on the marks themselves.

Madison
Tags (3)
1 Reply
PraveenRajaretn
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

RE: SiteAdvisor Mouse-over Popups

Dear Madison,

We received your message asking whether there's any way of disabling SiteAdvisor's mouse-over site alert summary balloon (= SiteAdvisor Toolbar balloon). Thank you for contacting us.

As of now, this is not an option. The user cannot disable this feature. On hovering the mouse over the SiteAdvisor toolbar, the Toolbar balloon (= mouse-over site alert summary balloon) will be displayed. Also, please do note that when you visit a Red site, the toolbar balloon will be automatically displayed for a couple of seconds. You can choose to explicitly display the balloon by clicking on the SiteAdvisor toolbar dropdown menu and selecting 'Show Balloon' option.

Clicking on the toolbar (in IE) would redirect to the Site Report page of the site that you were visiting. For e.g., if you were visiting google.com, then clicking on the toolbar would spawn a new IE window and redirect to SiteAdvisor's Site Report page of google.com.

We appreciate your suggestion and will definitely consider your feature request and get back to you if we decide on implementing this in our future releases. Please share other suggestions/ideas for SiteAdvisor as it helps make our product better. Thank you for being a McAfee customer.

Sincerely,
Praveen Rajaretnam
Associate Software QA Engineer
McAfee SiteAdvisor Consumer QA
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community