Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patflgn
Contributor
Message 11 of 27

Sent you the screenshot

Ex Brit,

I just sent you the screenshot to the r2.... email address.

Please let me know if for any reason you don't get it, or the .jpg attachment is unreadable.

Thanks for the editing.

Pat
patflgn
Contributor
Message 12 of 27

Your last question

And, as to your last question in your last reply, no it's not acting up and seems to be functioning OK. I'm still getting a small delay in the icon color after loading a site, but it's maybe a half second.

When I mentioned this before, at some sites, the icon wasn't even visible for a second or so after connecting to a site. Then there would be a fraction of a second delay for the color after the icon appeared. That behavior seems to have stopped. The icon is always there when I load a site.

Thanks,
Pat
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 27

RE: Your last question

I got your email OK thanks, I forwarded the picture to the management who queried it. I think that delay you mention was probably the server issues that have been dogging McAfee off and on for a few days.

Glad it's OK now.
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 27

hmm

Now..

SA 2.9 is there and is you are among the very very few rare set of users to get that version.(its not updated unless you got PIP(product Improvement Program) and some Yahoo co-branded toolbar and other settings... as per an engineer I contacted regarding that couple of months ago..)

2.8 is the most common (hot..update) for commoners like me:(

I would not be surprised at a fraction delay on any sites....
as far as I heard (not much .. its like the Yeti) 2.9 is better and more stable on websites with flash and other gimmicks..... (one or two instances are too few to come to a conclusion but I could not resist the urge to spill the beans)

P.S:Check the thread 'PETER'
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 27

RE: hmm

I just heard back from management. Only if you find 2.9 is acting up should you then uninstall and reinstall from the website to return to an earlier version. Apparently 2.9 was sent out out only to a few thousand people as a test and isn't due for final release until the end of this month.
patflgn
Contributor
Message 16 of 27

I'm honored?

So I guess I should be honored to receive 2.9? :confused:

Well, OK. I will at least give feedback with as much detail as I can.

I did agree to join the product improvement program when I was installing, so I guess I volunteered; however I assumed this simply meant the application was going to send stats back to McAfee in the background, like Microsoft's checkbox in Windows Media Player "I want to help make Microsoft even better (kinda a funny statement coming from Microslop; even better than what?) by sending Player usage data to Microsoft".

I don't mind, but I don't remember being presented with anything that explained what joining the product improvement program entailed, which gets back to my earlier complaints about McAfee performing functions like updated versions without asking first. Feels like "Big Brother". I realize I made an assumption, so I'm responsible.

All that said, I'm probably a bit more qualified than most users to give feedback, so I'll be glad to participate.

Again, thanks Ex Brit.

Performance is fine now by the way. 😉

Pat
patflgn
Contributor
Message 17 of 27

Peter?

Vinod,

I did a search for the thread PETER within the SiteAdvisor category and got no results.

Could you post a URL, please?

Pat
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 18 of 27

RE: Peter?

Pat, that Peter thing was meant for me, it's in our private section.
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 19 of 27

hmm

Oops... he he..
anyway glad that you are ok now...
I feel that 2.9 is better.... waiting to get that on my machine!(read grrrr......)
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 20 of 27

RE: hmm

I seem to be in a permanent 2.6 rut here.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community