Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rico12345
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

SiteAdvisor & Google

Hi,

I've been using SA for quite sometime & yesterday SA will not give search recommendations for Google. Works fine with Yahoo search engine. Using ver. 26.5 Firefox plugin, on this XPSP2 machine. Any ideas?

Thanks
Rico
4 Replies
Rico12345
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

RE: SiteAdvisor & Google

According to "Nishad" from McAfee support, the Google problem, is a problem that is being corrected, fix should be coming soon.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

RE: SiteAdvisor & Google

Thanks for posting that info.
Kavu
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

SA - Google Slowdown Solution

3/13/08
XP-SP2 IE7
SC v8
VS v12
PF v9.0
SA v2.6.6253

Experienced a huge CPU slowdown today(3/13/08). I checked Windows Task Manager and found SAService.exe pegged at 97%+. Figured out that this is SA issue and searched for an answer and found this mention of a gmail problem/slowdown via the SA blog site:
http://blog.siteadvisor.com/2007/12/problems_accessing_gmail.shtml

Now I didn't have a particular Gmail problem, but rather a complete CPU slowdown for all useage. I tried the solution offered and it worked...slowdown is gone, so there seems to be an issue/conflict w/Google and SA lately. Here is the McAfee solution page(step by step) for the easy fix to the slowdown.

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=307201&lc=1033

How this helps anyone w/this current slowdown issue w/SA and Google.

Kavu
Kavu
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

RE: SA - Google Slowdown Solution

Update on issue....

3/15/08

Slowdown problem returns....solution tried above(listed google.com in ignore list) isn't working. I'll start a new thread with the specific problem listed there since it doesn't seem specific to google(which is what this thread is about).
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community