cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamgibbo
Former Member
Message 1 of 14

SiteAdviser for opera

Im think that there is not a SiteAdviser for opera but if there is where can i get it, and if not is McAfee going to make it for opera?
13 Replies
paullotion
Former Member
Message 2 of 14

RE: SiteAdviser for opera

adam

There is no Siteadvisor for Opera and i doubt there will be one in the near future.
Immolate
Former Member
Message 3 of 14

Not sure why McAfee are so reluctant re providing SiteAdvisor for Opera, especially when Opera is generally considered far more secure than both Internet Explorer and Firefox (see http://secunia.com/ for details)...

Come on McAfee, give Opera users SiteAdvisor!
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 14

I guess we could ask the question again in our conference call.
Immolate
Former Member
Message 5 of 14

Thanks, sounds like a plan. Please let us know how you get on. happy
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 14

It has been put forward as a suggestion.......again.
Swivelgames
Former Member
Message 7 of 14

I've actually dropped Firefox to use Opera. The problem is: when ever I open Opera after restarting my computer, I always have to go into IE and shut 'Protection Mode' off.

If I can't use SiteAdvisor for Opera, can I at least keep it from blocking Opera from opening?

Theres a possiblility that I can get someone to ask the question as well, but I'm not sure if he/she is in the field to talk about it/suggest.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 14

Other than turning off protected mode permanently I honestly don't know.

You might want to try Technical Support Chatline (linked in my signature). Disable any pop-up blockers to use the Chat line.
Swivelgames
Former Member
Message 9 of 14

How would I go about turning Protection Mode off completely?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 14

I've never turned mine on but I would assume that you click the small arrow on the right-side of the SA toolbar icon (see thumbnail below) and a menu should appear where you can disable it.
If you can't see the arrow then it is probably off screen. Right-click the toolbar and unlock the toolbars. Move the cursor over the vertical bar on the left of the SA icon, when a double arrow appears click and drag the icon more into view.
other method...uninstall SA and reinstall. See: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=211820
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community