Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
villageverve
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Site verification complete, but still "unverified" question mark

Hello,

I submitted our site village-verve.com for verification several weeks ago (verification file was uploaded to our root directory etc...), and when I login to Siteadvisor I am told that the request has been verified. Yet, there is still the ominous grey question mark next to our site in Google, as well as the grey M in Chrome. Please advise.

Best,

Isabelle

1 Reply
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Site verification complete, but still "unverified" question mark

The site has apparently not been tested, but the testing process may be under way. There should be some kind of indicator on the page to let you know that it is going through the testing process.

If you want to ensure that testing is done, all the FAQ documents say that it is only necessary to enter the site name in a SiteAdvisor lookup - http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/<address_of_site>

All that does of course is to take you to the rating page. Perhaps they mean you should go through the login-and-identify-yourself stages by clicking on Request A Review (I got as far as the verification stages then had to stop). Since you know the verification succeeded, I assume you have done this already.

The only alternative method I know of is to send an email to sites@siteadvisor.com, asking if testing has begun; only site owners will get a reply. There's no point in going to TrustedSource since this is about the initial site testing process.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community