Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leadenvy
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Site is erroneously listed as yellow / security risk

Hello,

I just posted a request through the SiteAdvisor feedback form, but I wanted to cover all my bases and post here as well because I've heard it can take a long time for these issues to be addressed.  Can someone from McAfee please quickly review and green-light my site?  One of my partners won't work with us until this is resolved.  I don't even see any individual issues in my listing, so I'm not sure why it's flagged:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/request4.info

Here's the message I sent through the form:

Hello SiteAdvisor Team,

Our site somehow is classified as a security risk, and we need to have that classification removed ASAP.  There is nothing malicious with this site at all.  It is used for marketing higher education institutions.  It houses advertisement creatives and landing pages where prospective students can request information from the schools.  Here's the main page of the site, and you can read the privacy policy included in a link at the bottom of the page:

http://request4.info/grantham.html

When I look up the site in SiteAdvisor, it lists it with the yellow caution, but it doesn't list anything in test results - so I have no idea why it would be listed this way (nothing negative is indicated).  There are no files for download on the site, we don't send any email through this site, it doesn't link out to any other sites (except perhaps the school), and there are no ads displayed on the site itself...

While you're at it, I would appreciate it if you can test / green light our corporate site, http://LeadEnvy.com.  Thank you for your quick attention to this matter!

Thanks,

--Kyle

7 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Site is erroneously listed as yellow / security risk

Your site is rated Medium-Risk because of "Spam URLs" according to TrustedSource. You'll have to contact them to see whether this is a left-over from whoever had the site name before you. Contact details are in How to Contact SiteAdvisor.

As for your corporate site, you need to submit for testing if it has not already been submitted. Normal testing can take several weeks. See the Webmasters' page HERE for more information and a link to submit the site.

WhoIs information indicates that request4.info has been active for some time and has frequently changed IP address and name server, which raises the risk quotient slightly -

Request4.info - 100% Online Degrees at Grantham University - Request for Information.png

but details are hidden since the registrant is Domains By Proxy, although GoDaddy is the sponsoring registrar. You're on a dedicated server so it's not as if some other site on a shared server is affecting your rating.

Let TrustedSource sort it out, and submit the other site for testing asap.

leadenvy
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Hi Hayton,

So TrustedSource is another McAfee product though.  I don't understand how there could be a "spam URLs" issue as the site has never been used for sending email and I'm the only owner of the domain.  I'm not sure why it says 10 changes over 6 years - if you look at the whois it will say the record (domain) was created on July 25, 2011.  Maybe those changes are for DomainByProxy.com itself?  At any rate, I submitted a request with TrustedSource now too...  Hopefully they can figure it out quickly...  Thanks,

--Kyle

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 8

leadenvy wrote:

if you look at the whois it will say the record (domain) was created on July 25, 2011.  Maybe those changes are for DomainByProxy.com itself? 

Maybe, although the name apparently existed before July 2011. it's listed in January 2011 as an Expiring Domain For Sale (see HERE). That's not necessarily significant though : Spam URLs means links to your site are (or were) appearing in email messages which are (or were) being flagged somewhere as spam. It's not a serious markdown, and TrustedSource have sorted out problems like this for site owners many times in the past.

leadenvy
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Hi Hayton,

Interesting, perhaps you're right then on it being previously registered.  Anyway, TrustedSource sorted out the issue and it's now minimal risk there, but remains yellow with SiteAdvisor.  Hopefully they'll hurry up too!  Thanks,

--Kyle

x-pmeyer
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

Hello Kyle,

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/request4.info is green now, your 2nd site www.leadenvy.com is under review.

Best regards,

Peter

leadenvy
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Thank you for your help and quickly taking care of this! 

--Kyle

x-pmeyer
Former Member
Message 8 of 8

Hello Kyle,

your 2nd website is green now, too: http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/leadenvy.com

Best regards,

Peter

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community