cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vtm
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Site cannot be verified

I have problem when trying to verify my site.
A blank file has been placed on top directory of the domain and it is accessible.
After clicking "Verify" button i got error message saying "Error Verifying Site".

I have tried this several times and still it is not working.

What is wrong?

I tried to contact site advisor team directly but the feedback form i used give also error message after i had submitted the question. (http://www.siteadvisor.com/userfeedback.html)

This problem considers only web interface but i didn't found any suitable forum.
7 Replies
Raja
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

RE: Site cannot be verified

What browser were you using?
phantazm
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

"A blank file"

How can that verify anything..?
vtm
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

Problem solved

That verifies that registered user owns specified website.

To prove you are authorized to represent a site, we ask you to place a specially named, blank file in your root Web directory. Once this file is created, click the "Verify" button to have our servers look for the file on your site. Please be sure that both your site and the verification file are publicly accessible.

Now the verifying process passed correctly and the problem is solved.
Thank you anyway.
BastiaanR
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

It's the name of the blank file that's important - the name is generated on the SiteAdvisor homepage during one of the steps for Verifying your website.

@vtm: send an e-mail using the feedback form, including the name of your website, the name of the file, and a link to this forum post. And then wait for a reply... (in my case it took about 2 weeks).
phantazm
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Ok, like that...

I didn't guess that the files content was 'hiding' in the filename.

I never needed to verify my own site, so I was ignorant of the procedure.
Thanx for enlightening me...
aubertin
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Re: Site cannot be verified

Hi there,

It looks from the discussion that these people are experiencing problem a step ahead of me! That is, they seem to have received a replied from McAfee where it is sending them the verification code which need to be inputed in their website to complete the process. At least that is what I understand from the chat.

Cheers,

JPA

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Re: Site cannot be verified

Bumping this thread as well.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community