Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1001beach
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Site blocked by webadvisor

Jump to solution
Dear Sirs,
I use your antivirus and it blocks my absolutely safe website https://100beach.ru, so I can't open it and a lot of customers can't do it as well.
Here is your own proof that it is clear and safe.
https://www.mcafeesecure.com/verify?host=1001beach.ru

Could you check what is wrong and why your system mistakenly blocking the site, please ?
1001beach
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sivasubramanian
Message 12 of 12

Re: Site blocked by webadvisor

Jump to solution

@Andrusito 

The site rating is based on several attributes that, based on our automated website scanning, provides the best indication of the reputation of a site, over time.

These attributes include:

• Suspicious downloads
  • Browser exploits
  • Number of emails sent by the website
  • Affiliations with other websites
  • Pop-ups generated

IMPORTANT: McAfee WebAdvisor and SiteAdvisor site ratings are not real-time scores; the ratings reflect the information we collected at the time of each site visit.

If you think that a website has been classified incorrectly, submit a dispute request asking for a re-evaluation of the website.

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Andrusito
Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

Same here McAfee Site advisor gives false positives to my clean site fundeo.com.  Verified safe by outstanding and superior AVG. 
Webadvisor destroys small businesses with false malicious site warnings and they do nothing about it. Disgraceful.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

@Andrusito 

Please follow the article McAfee WebAdvisor and SiteAdvisor website rating dispute resolution process
to create a ticket with trustedsource.org to change the web reputation.

Allow 3-5 days for review then check and post back

Andrusito
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reclassification of our website today 18th June 2019, under McAfee WebAdvisor, from a false positive of “Malicious Sites, Spyware/Adware/Keyloggers”  to “Minimal Risk”.

McAfee WebAdvisor was placing red warning signs before our website  claiming it to be “Very Risky” and  “Dangerous” .  Also it had been frightening away our customers with warning signs stating “Whoa! Are you sure you want to go there?”.

McAfee WebAdvisor took this action without any notification to our organisation thus providing no means to know, nor means to correct you on the situation.

When we complained in late May you instructed us to register with your TrustedSource web facility to file a ticket to investigate. You therefore place the onus on us to clear the issue which we never invited of you in the first place.

As a supposed leading expert in the field of web safety you have the power to destroy the reputation and livelihood of small businesses. 

You have a duty of care to inform website owners if you detect a problem and to assist them resolve a problem rather than placing the onus on them to resolve.  You also have a duty to keep your information updated.  You have failed on all counts.   

It would seem that you are only interested in using your product as a revenue generator selling Trusted Source status to businesses.  It would be easy to interpret your business model as one of blackmail and extortion.

All this amounts to a blatant defamation of our organisation, loss of our time and resources, loss of sales income and diminishment of our core customer base.

In the first instance please advise me of the period that have been placing red warnings on our website and provide a full explanation within the next 10 days.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

I understand what you are complaining about but this  should be addressed to Mcafee maybe the mods here can assist or comment.  I am just a user helping out here with no rights more than you have.

The manual request to Trusted source is the way McAfee wants false detections to be fixed. How it got a bad detection in the first place I have no idea.

Giving 10 days to answer will not I feel get an answer here unless a mod strolls by. Glad it now is fixed

Andrusito
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

Thank you Peacekeeper.  My response above is an open letter / email to McAfee dated 19 June for which, at today's date,  21st June 2019 I am still awaiting their response.

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

Will try to see if my contacts can comment though I would think it would need more than a mod to comment.

sivasubramanian
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

@1001beach 

We have submitted the link for review and raised the ticket [#1981573]. These requests will be reviewed and updated within an average of 3-5 business days. We will keep you updated

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
sivasubramanian
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

@Andrusito 

We see that your website reputation has been changed to "Minimal Risk". Please check and update us

fundeo.png

Regards

Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members? give Kudos if appropriate

sivasubramanian
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

@1001beach 

We see that your website reputation has been changed to "Minimal Risk". Please check and update us

Regards

Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members? give Kudos if appropriate

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community