cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
superelfin
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Site Advisor not showing checks when searching

I'm having issues with Site Advisor. I have XP, use FF 3.0.1 and until tonight-7-21-08, it had worked fine.
Not tonight.
After choosing settings and clicking ok, the green bar lights up. When I do a search, there are no check marks showing safe or unsafe sites on Yahoo or Google.

I uninstalled and reinstalled with no change.

I've attempted to search for updates but after 15 minutes of waiting for it to find a update, I gave up.

elf
1 Reply
PraveenRajaretn
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

RE: Site Advisor not showing checks when searching

Dear elf,

We received your message reporting that the annotations (= checks) on the Google / Yahoo search results page are not being displayed. Thank you for contacting us.

This is a known issue and has been addressed. Please check the following thread for further details on the fix provided. Icons disapearing next to Google search link - adamjo.

You could either wait for automatic updates to happen (or) if you've installed SiteAdvisor on both Internet Explorer and Firefox, then download the first .zip file posted - chrome.manifest for sa exe.zip in post #3 of the link given above. If you've installed SiteAdvisor only on Firefox, please download the second .zip file posted - chrome.manifest_for sa ff xpi.zip .

Under "C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor", there should be only one sub-folders present. If you've the latest version this should be '6261'. However, if an automatic update update had occured, it is possible to see multiple folders (for e.g., 6253 and 6261 (or) 6172 and 6261). If so, please restart your system. After reboot only one folder - namely, '6261' should be present. If other folders still remain, manually delete them. After this, please follow the steps listed in post # 2 given in the thread - Icons disapearing next to Google search link. It should hopefully work. Do remember to rename the file to 'chrome.manifest' after unzipping it.

Please let us know if you continue to have this issue. Thank you for being a McAfee customer.

Praveen,
McAfee SiteAdvisor Team
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community