Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wildfire
Contributor III
Message 1 of 4

Site Advisor missing files

Jump to solution

Hello everyone! I recently downloaded McAfee Total Protection and the "Site Advisor" part of it did not download correctly. There are many files missing. Is there a place on the McAfee site that you can go to only download just "Site Advisor"?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wildfire
Contributor III
Message 4 of 4

Re: Site Advisor missing files

Jump to solution

Thank you both very much! It worked and I am very grateful!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Moved to McAfee Web Advisor ( Formerly Site Advisor ) > Discussions

Since it was part of your 'Total Protection Suite', it makes me wonder if anything else may be corrupt. Did you have any pre-existing Security Software installed prior to installing MTP? In any case you can run the Latest McAfee Virtual Technician, and see if it detects any issues.

A 'Restart' may be required to complete MVT. http://mvt.mcafee.com   Or you can go to McAfee WebAdvisor by Intel Security.  There you can install over the existing Site Advisor. If you need further assistance, you can contact Technical Support using the same link I inserted.

Please inform us of your results....

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi

Try the link that catdaddy posted it should bring back WebAdvisor (SiteAdvisor has been renamed to WebAdvisor) on your web-browsers.

McAfee WebAdvisor by Intel Security

wildfire
Contributor III
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Thank you both very much! It worked and I am very grateful!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community